DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, WWE just added 5 new Coliseum Home Videos to the Network and they are some odd choices to say the least:

The Hulkster (1985)  Not Hulkamania with the title win and the bloody Schultz matches, but the 45 minute tape that Wal-Mart would sell back in the day, George The Animal Steele (1987), Hacksaw Jim Duggan (1988), Bret Hart (1993), and The British Bulldog (1993) which I didn't know existed, I'm guessing it was a UK release.

I decided to give Thunder a break as it’s just so much dueling nWo promos I couldn’t take it any more. So I’ve been watching ECW on TNN from the beginning and Hsrdcore TV from the same time frame and it’s not bad. It’s all over the place and chaotic but the excitement and urgency to everything that is going on is refreshing compared to today where everything kind of just lingers.

9 hours ago, RIShane said:

A few more Coliseum tapes just got added, including The Hart Foundation (1987), Hulk Hogan: Real American (1989), Jake The Snake Roberts (1987), and what everyone's always wanted... the Ken Patera Story.

Two of my favorite matches now on the Network in their entirety:  the somewhat famous Bret Hart/Ricky Steamboat match on the Hart tape, and an awesome Jake Roberts/Ricky Steamboat match on the Jake tape.

Watched the Hulkster tape last night and the Hogan/Sheik Philly rematch is worth checking out because it's WAY more intense and a lot bloodier than you would think.  Hogan was apparently gigging all the time in 1984.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Becky Lynch/Charlotte and Mandy Rose/Sonya Deville are both taping Ride Along tonight

I think the safest of safe bets is that this episode will come out close to Evolution

• Like 1

That great Action Zone tag match with HBK/Diesel vs Razor/Kid was uploaded. Check the Shawn Michaels CHV. 

Now all they have to do is get off of their asses and upload Wrestlefest ‘94, so I can watch Steiners/Harts in digital quality. 

• Like 3

Sweet, the Bepo Mongol vs Bruno Sammartino match in the Nikolai Volkoff collection is the complete bell-to-bell of the match that had a random 30-second clip of Bruno taking a table bump in the old Biggest Smallest Strangest Strongest CHV. 

Match is a good power dude struggle match too, with Bruno doing a helluva job putting over Bepo as a threat to his title.

And I repeat: Bruno Sammartino taking a table bump in 1970.

• Like 1

Watching the Hulkamania 1985 (probably 1986) Coliseum Video and man I would love to see what Muraco did to get so much heat on Hogan for that cage match.  I swear it looks like someone threw a whole pineapple or massive sized fruit into the ring.  Even Hogan was getting pelted at times.  

Also loved how the belt was just used as a weapon early with no regard what so ever.  Like they were going to replace it anyway.  

2 hours ago, olythegreat89 said:

Just watched the Bret Hart video from 93. Had a pretty decent match with Lex Luger from around May/June. Would’ve been really interesting if they actually continued their feud from when Lex attacked him before Mania. 

If you liked that, you should watch this:

I was watching "Roddy Piper's Greatest Hits" earlier. I hadn't seen some of the stuff on that video in a while and wow, I can't believe he got away with half the stuff he did during the Piper's Pit interview with himself. 

Also I'm sad that nothing ever came of Piper slapping Lord Alfred Hayes on TNT. The WWF was running shows in Minneapolis back then. They could have done a one off Piper/Hayes match in 84. Would have been a little more interesting then Piper/Snuka with Lou Thesz as the referee. Speaking of which, having Lou Thesz ref a match in Minneapolis, that had to be a little dig from Vince to Verne...right? 

AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Roman Reigns, and Brock Lesnar are featured in the matches that have been uploaded to the WWE Network's hidden gems section this week.

Styles and Joe's matches are from 2001, with Styles facing Rick Michaels in a WWE dark match and Joe taking on Tommy Dreamer for Ultimate Pro Wrestling in California. Reigns' is from 2011 and against Corey Graves, when Reigns was Leakee in WWE's Florida Championship Wrestling developmental territory.

Lesnar's match is a 2003 title defense against the "American Badass" version of The Undertaker during an overseas tour in Finland.

The theme for the uploads is featuring the four wrestlers who will be in the WWE and Universal Championship matches at SummerSlam on Sunday. Reigns will challenge for Lesnar's Universal title for the third time this year, while Styles is defending his WWE Championship against Joe in what will be their first televised match against each other in WWE.