DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

38 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

I’m watching the 6/23/84 Mid-South, specifically Velvet vs Richter. Wendi has her measurements on the back of her tights. 

In case you’re wondering, they were 36-24-36. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matt D said:

This week?

How do you feel about Kane matches that are also on YouTube?

I meant in general and actual good matches. I like Kane, but I have no expectations of such when it comes to his matches.

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I meant in general and actual good matches. I like Kane, but I have no expectations of such when it comes to his matches.

I was being passive aggressive because that's the match we got this week.

Ok:

from the most recent dump, you want to watch, at the very least: Piper vs Valentine (amazing), Flair vs Brisco, and Simmons vs Vader. Race vs Von Erich and Liger vs Eddy are fun novelties. 

You can watch the promos for Dustin and Funk, but the match isn't there. Here it is, and it's well worth watching:

• Like 2

On 6/7/2018 at 11:55 AM, Matt D said:

I was being passive aggressive because that's the match we got this week.

Ok:

from the most recent dump, you want to watch, at the very least: Piper vs Valentine (amazing), Flair vs Brisco, and Simmons vs Vader. Race vs Von Erich and Liger vs Eddy are fun novelties. 

You can watch the promos for Dustin and Funk, but the match isn't there. Here it is, and it's well worth watching:

That Texas flag is upside down! How did Funk and Rhodes stand for that?

The Goldust photo shoot episode debuts after RAW

I went on the Network to see if it was there already and discovered they put up one with The Godfather that they didn't promote at all.

It's good. I mean the first two things were about Wrestler's Court and BSK. Plus he talks about the fucked up finish to the Mania match

Goldust & Godfather photoshoots were both a lot of fun, always enjoy those.

The new WWE 24 on the Hardys premieres after MITB on Sunday and looks awesome, including footage of the Broken saga from Impact.

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching that Legends Battle Royal from November 1987. It's very obvious that it was never intended to air or be put on a Colosseum Home Video release, as the cameraman keeps randomly zooming in and out. I got a kick out of the crowd's reaction to certain wrestlers also. Jay Strongbrow got the hugest pop in my opinion, I was really surprised about that, I didn't think fans liked him that much. Especially considering his reputation amongst the boys.

I reeeeeeally really wish there was a chronology feature on the Network. I was interested in sequentially watching a bunch of PPVs from 2002 but had no clue what came when so just ended up sticking Wrestlemania III on as I'd just watched the HBO Andre documentary 

Hidden Gems is an exciting crop today:

CWF 04/20/1976 – Bob Orton Sr. and Bob Orton Jr. Training Video / Bob Orton Sr. and Bob Orton Jr. vs Steve Keirn and Mike Graham (Reel Footage)

AWA 04/21/1985 – Curt Hennig and Larry “The Axe” Hennig vs The Road Warriors
NWA 04/11/1987 – Brad Armstrong and Bob Armstrong vs Lex Luger and Tully Blanchard (Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup 1987 Quarterfinals)
Deep South Wrestling 09/03/2006 – Kenny Omega vs Cru Jones
FCW 06/05/2011 – Xavier Woods vs Michael Tarver

www.wwenetworknews.com/2018/06/14/exclusive-multiple-wwe-hidden-gems-planned-for-today/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I reeeeeeally really wish there was a chronology feature on the Network. I was interested in sequentially watching a bunch of PPVs from 2002 but had no clue what came when so just ended up sticking Wrestlemania III on as I'd just watched the HBO Andre documentary 

The PPVs are in sequential order (at least through my browser)

Go to Shows -> Pay-Per-View -> WWE -> 2002

They are in reverse chronological order

3 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Thanks, I've been running it through my PS4 so will check I can do that when I get home. Outside of just PPVs it'd be cool if you could just specify a year and get everything from that year

It should work on your PS4 because I know it does it on my XBOX (since that is how I have been doing the 205 Live episodes)

Pros and cons to this week's  Hidden Gem updates:

Pro: We get five gems.

Pro: They're a range of 00s developmental stuff (with an Omega/Woods E3 theme) and older things (with a father's day theme), which, in my mind, is the ideal to what we should get every week.

Pro: There's a Bob Orton Sr./Jr. segment from late 70s Florida which I don't think is readily available and sounds really fun.

Con: The other older matches are on youtube (being Hennigs vs Roadies and Bob/Brad vs Tully/Luger from the Crocket Cup)

Pro: Previously, we've only had a clipped pro shot (5 min out of 20) of the CC tag and a complete handheld. At first glance this is the entirety of the pro-shot of the CC match with full announcing.

• Like 1