DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

On 5/4/2018 at 7:09 AM, cwoy2j said:

Paul Jones just referenced the "one save" rule for NWA tag-matches. I miss when wrestling had rules. 

I’ve heard NXT guys mention this rule on various podcasts, so it’s at least discussed even if I’d never mentioned or enforced.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, nofuture said:

So during tonight's Table for 3 with AJ, Angle and Shane, they showed a bunch of clips from TNA (with a GWE watermark).  Hopefully that means they include more TNA matches on Network collections and such.

To TNA's credit - I think they finally embraced a "work with everybody" model (both for financial and other reasons).

Plus it allows them to do things like this

• Like 1

The episode of Something Else To Wrestle With about Ted DiBiase is amazing. I loved the outtake footage from Ted shooting vignettes. I really wish they'd do a special program or DVD of nothing but outtakes, bloopers, and b-roll footage from all the different things they've shot over the ages.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

The episode of Something Else To Wrestle With about Ted DiBiase is amazing. I loved the outtake footage from Ted shooting vignettes. I really wish they'd do a special program or DVD of nothing but outtakes, bloopers, and b-roll footage from all the different things they've shot over the ages.

I think there's one of the Mr. Perfect outtakes. 

15 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I think there's one of the Mr. Perfect outtakes. 

Yeah, I forget what it was on though. Maybe his DVD, which is also on the Network. I think it’s him screwing up the pool shots at Vince’s house. 

16 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

If you haven't seen it, go to the Jerry Springer Too Hot for TV show and find the episode with the Gene Okerlund interview outtakes.  The stuff on there is surreal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

If you haven't seen it, go to the Jerry Springer Too Hot for TV show and find the episode with the Gene Okerlund interview outtakes.  The stuff on there is surreal.

Haha, that one is amazing, including the alternate name titles they showed.

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

So, WWE Chronicles... I don't need subtitles to understand what Nak's saying. Come on, gang. 

I notice that a lot on American TV.  I remember watching a VH1 Behind The Music on Oasis and they had subtitles up for the Gallagher brothers.  I guess you have to do it nowadays for the handful of people that dont pick up what he may be saying since they will be firing off angry emails.

Call me the handful because I watch British sitcoms with the subtitles on, because too often the dialect has fucked up the punchline for me.  I think WWE is just playing it safe, but it's a no-win, because people will complain without subtitles....and complain with them.

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah, it's pretty much standard media practice to subtitle anyone with a thick accent, at least in the US. I can't speak for other countries.

Heck - a lot networks put subtitles on people with heavy southern accents

When I discovered that it was a thing I could do, I used to watch WCW Saturday Night with the closed captioning on.  The closed captioneer trying to keep up with Dusty Rhodes was almost as funny as his commentary.  They'd do alright until Dusty would get to soliloquing if you will and then you'd get some missed words and then some "..." and then just "unintelligible".

Deaf people really missed out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 5/18/2018 at 3:48 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah, it's pretty much standard media practice to subtitle anyone with a thick accent, at least in the US. I can't speak for other countries.

I get mad about this frequently. I'm always, "They're speaking English! Why are there subtitles?"

Certain dialects are hard to understand, @The Green Meanie to those who aren’t around them regularly. American English is a bit easy, though British English(?) may not be as easy to those not privy to it on a regular basis. I can thank a litany of my good friends that I’ve met on PS4, to condition me to all sorts of regional types.

Welsh, Scot, Irish, Scouse, elsewhere in England. I can understand a lot of it. However, I’m in constant talk with them all so it’s a bit easy to get your ears tuned up and whatnot.