DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I like “Something To Wrestle With” a lot, and yeah, it’s cool that it’ll be on WWEN. Because they can intersplice some clips like the OSW Reviews and all. But I fear it’ll mean the end of the profanity and openness of some things on the show. I guess we’ll see. 

11 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I like “Something To Wrestle With” a lot, and yeah, it’s cool that it’ll be on WWEN. Because they can intersplice some clips like the OSW Reviews and all. But I fear it’ll mean the end of the profanity and openness of some things on the show. I guess we’ll see. 

I'm assuming they are still going to do their regular weekly marathon show, and just a few specials on the network like Austin and Jericho did.

As long as they can sell ads while Bruce says "motherfucker" I assume that they will.

I've listened to a few of them, and at times it's fascinating, but at others I'm just "oh Christ Bruce is so full of shit"

Seeing fully out of character Undertaker casually  hanging out with X-Pac is the strangest fucking thing.

I mean, I get they've known each other for at least 25 years, and them being friends wouldn't be odd at all. But seeing Taker without any gimmick pretense is always weird, adding Waltman is just bizarre.

I think the only other time Taker has been out of character in this Network era was the 24 about last year's Mania and it definitely came across as a guy who didn't feel like he needed to "protect" his gimmick anymore

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think the only other time Taker has been out of character in this Network era was the 24 about last year's Mania and it definitely came across as a guy who didn't feel like he needed to "protect" his gimmick anymore

Yeah, but even then, it wasn't him casually talking to an old co-worker about a rescue dog.

For the longest time I thought The Gobledy Gooker made only one appearance at SS '90. Watching WWF's Funniest Moments from '91 is shows at least three more. Granted, they appeared to have been from house shows and/or Superstars tapings so I don't believe they were shown on tv, but damn....Vince really really tried to get it to stick.

Also, there was a 30 MINUTE SEGMENT ON THE BUSHWACKERS. Sean Mooney, you lied to me, that was not one hour of great entertainment. Did people really like them that much back then?

3 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

As bad as WCW Thunder is, WCW Saturday Night is that much awesome.  I loved the two-out-of-three-falls main events as a mark in 1992 and I love them now.  Ross needs to cool it with the random football guests, though.

They really need to fill the gaps between 89 and 92 though. I just finished both WCW and Prime Time Wrestling (both end July 89) and I am not ready to jump ahead to 92. Robin Green hasn't even become Woman yet!

Not having the WWF past 89 is the most frustrating. The NWA/WCW takes such a noticeable drop in quality by late 88, but the WWF is just on fire at that time.