DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

7 hours ago, (BP) said:

There were a few times where they  would throw Jericho and Flair together for no particular reason without a program and they had fun matches. 

Is their Thunder match the one where Flair asks the ref to check the elapsed time with the timekeeper, then immediately kicks Jericho in the groin?

1 hour ago, Hamhock said:

Is their Thunder match the one where Flair asks the ref to check the elapsed time with the timekeeper, then immediately kicks Jericho in the groin?

I can't remember. That might have been the earlier one that was part of the string of losses that turned Jericho heel when he was throwing tantrums after every match.  

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Nash isn't half as funny as he thinks he is.

Dude, George Carlin wasn't as funny as Nash thinks Nash is.

But, I mean, he does have good jokes at times. He's fairly funny. And WCW was probably dead regardless. But it certainly didn't help anything.

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I did like his stuff with Alex Shelley in TNA. I'll give him that.

Those segments were gold. 

“...I sold out Texas Stadium. 100,000 people. 

It doesn’t hold that many.

...it did that night.”

”I had the claw hold on the Von Erich’s......all 11 of them.”

(paraphrasing, haven’t seen in a while)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's funny. But it damn sure wasn't helpful.

Eh, nothing was saving Thunder at that point. The main event of that show was Buff Bagwell and La Parka vs. Luger and Rick Steiner. A show like that needed Drunk Kevin Nash commentary not Gordon Solie.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the new WWE 24 Empowered showing all of the backstage setup of Royal Rumble.  Although it was hilarious to see the revisionist history on the Money in the Bank match.  You would have almost thought that Carmella actually climbed the ladder and won MITB.   You wouldn't have known that James Ellsworth was the actual person that pulled down the briefcase.   I am guessing they mixed footage of the Smackdown MITB match with the PPV to make it look that way

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Ernest Miller pinned Yuji Nagata on the second episode of Thunder

Seems reasonable. Not like that Nagata kid was ever gonna go on to be anything in da business.

• Haha 2