DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

23 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

A lot of the old stuff is boring as fuck.

There, I said it. Shoot me. 

I wouldn't shoot you. I actually agree, but this is too good not to use.

*Yes, I'm fully aware that's not Jerry.

• Thanks 2

Sweet. I know there’s a lot of shit on them, but also some good stuff I’ve completely forgotten about. Anyone have any suggestions? 

I also looked up the results to the only WCW show I ever went to, the June 18th, 1998 Thunder. I’ve never actually watched it back. I had forgotten that Benoit/Eddie happened, as well as that IWGP tag title match, with Davey/Anvil beating Chono/Tenzan by DQ. Which, correctly if I’m wrong, wasn’t New Japan pissed because the titles can change hands via DQ and WCW didn’t know?

40 minutes ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

All those episodes aired, not sure why they haven't been uploaded.

Someone responded to Lance Storm that for whatever reason - every time the WWE releases a big block of footage like this, there are always episodes missing.

Most likely they found something that they want to go back and edit (or just not air)

All Star Wrestling's front row fan versions of Green Shirt Guy and Long Hair Guy are an old farmer in suspenders and what looks like a MAGA hat and a really large dude who looks like Haystacks Calhoun going through a greaser phase.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Watching the first Thunder and WCW's Roster was so absurd in 98 they had Louie Spicolli vs Rick Martel. And Jericho vs Flair randomly in the middle of the show.

And yet - of course being 1998 WCW they spend the first 10 minutes of their brand new show on limo shots, NWO infighting and Nitro recaps.  

1 hour ago, CSC said:

And yet - of course being 1998 WCW they spend the first 10 minutes of their brand new show on limo shots, NWO infighting and Nitro recaps.  

And they went to their first commercial on a JJ Dillon cliffhanger after the Savage-Chris Adams finish with the Luger to come back from commercial and have Hogan and Bischoff cut a "the nWo is fine" promo before cutting to another commercial then coming back to JJ finally reversing the decision of Savage-Adams in Savages favor cuz of Lugers involvement and a Luger promo.

so April they are adding "WCW Saturday Night"   The wcw saturday show was not called "WCW Saturday Night" until April of 92. I am wondering if 90 and 91 are skipped and we head right to 92 or what.    Crazy note:  First WCW saturday night match was Pillman vs Armstrong for the light heavyweight belt.  The match had a good amount of time for 1992 tv.  The main was Austin vs Zenk 2 out of 3 falls for the tv belt.  One year later Pillman and Austin would form one of the best tag teams ever.

7 hours ago, (BP) said:

There were a few times where they  would throw Jericho and Flair together for no particular reason without a program and they had fun matches. 

Is their Thunder match the one where Flair asks the ref to check the elapsed time with the timekeeper, then immediately kicks Jericho in the groin?

1 hour ago, Hamhock said:

Is their Thunder match the one where Flair asks the ref to check the elapsed time with the timekeeper, then immediately kicks Jericho in the groin?

I can't remember. That might have been the earlier one that was part of the string of losses that turned Jericho heel when he was throwing tantrums after every match.