DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I decided to start from the beginning with BLOOPERS, BLEEPS, AND BODYSLAMS. 

I am kind of surprised that they left in the Blassie "love advice" segment. Blassie talks about how women need to be hit and kicked around sometimes. And also, Freddie and Vince have a hard time not cracking up as Blassie reaches for ever more double entendre. 

TNT is like watching another universe. Iron Sheik has trouble staying in character a few times in the camel segment.

I know we generally prefer full matches. But the truth is, with some notable exceptions, a lot of 70s and 80s WWWF/WWF works just fine as clips. (though I would hope they continue uploading "Old School" shows from time to time)

On 2/6/2018 at 4:40 PM, Captain Kronos said:

I decided to start from the beginning with BLOOPERS, BLEEPS, AND BODYSLAMS. 

I am kind of surprised that they left in the Blassie "love advice" segment. Blassie talks about how women need to be hit and kicked around sometimes. And also, Freddie and Vince have a hard time not cracking up as Blassie reaches for ever more double entendre. 

The Johnny Valiant one is a perfect example of that.  Vince is doing everything possible to say that this woman wants to be in a gangbang with 17 other men without actually saying it.  

I would love to see current WWE stars reenact these "love advice" segments word for word without any disclaimers to see how terrible (justifiably) the reaction would be

• Like 1

As I got further into the video, I experienced the Samoan food segment - super racist. And the Hogan protein shake bit is a bit of a 'roids injoke, surely.

I only have about 20 min of that tape left. 

This  BLOOPERS, BLEEPS, AND BODYSLAMS stuff is wrestlecrap of the highest order. No gonna lie - it's frequently cringe-tastic. But I kind of love it. 

2 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

And the Hogan protein shake bit is a bit of a 'roids injoke, surely.

That's been one of my favorite segments to show random folks since I came across it in the '90s. Vince gleefully chomping away at "Python Pills" while Hogan dumps piles of "Python Powder" into the blender.

Though I am sad that Bloopers and Bleeps cut out the part where Hulk drops a banana in the blender and casually says "and we'll put a banana in there, FOR THE GIRL IN YOU."

• Like 2

Without watching it, my most vivid memory of it is Lord Alfred Hayes trying the drink and hating it while Hogan reacts with a sarcastic/dismissing face.

Edit: Screengrabs:

a68mmrq.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Hamhock said:

Without watching it, my most vivid memory of it is Lord Alfred Hayes trying the drink and hating it while Hogan reacts with a sarcastic/dismissing face.

As someone that has binged through the entirety of TNT on the Network, I am now 100 percent convinced that the entire existence of Tuesday Night Titans was just a giant "long con" rib on Lord Alfred Hayes.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

As someone that has binged through the entirety of TNT on the Network, I am now 100 percent convinced that the entire existence of Tuesday Night Titans was just a giant "long con" rib on Lord Alfred Hayes.

In the Sal Ballomo cooking segment on  BLOOPERS, BLEEPS, AND BODYSLAMS  -- where they're dusting the table with flour to make pizza dough -- Vince comments that Hayes has some white powder on his nose. "I'm pretty sure it's not the first time."

:lol:

• Haha 1

Not having seen the Bloopers tape before I gave it a test watch so I could eventually show this to my wife.  It's a good thing I did because I wouldn't show this to pretty much anybody.  It's very cringe-worthy and what was considered funny to them sure as heck doesn't hold up now.

But you know what does hold up well?  Savage/Michaels from Euro Rampage.  They worked pretty damn well together despite Shawn's overselling, and the interaction with them plus Sherri and Liz made for an awesome 20+minutes.  Would highly recommend checking that out if you haven't already.

Yeah that Savage/Michaels match ruled. I wish that Savage/Bret vs Flair/HBK match was on one of these tapes (or is it elsewhere on WWEN?).

I didn’t watch “Bloopers...”, but after hearing Bryan and Vinny review it, I’m glad I skipped it (I wasn’t gonna watch it anyways). They too had said a lot of the jokes sucked and/or didn’t age well. 

1 minute ago, Captain Kronos said:

Yeah, it's certainly not something I intend to watch again. But I am glad I watched it once. 

I think I have seen that HBK/Savage match. Is it the one where Macho has a hurt knee or back for the whole match? 

He’s selling the knee as it was right after Mania vs Flair. 

I’ve gotta check out that Rockers/PoP (or was it Demolition?) from I think one of the World Tours. I heard it was really good. 

Hmm, dunno. Probably is the same formula, but also probably still worth watching. 

Although the match from Sheffield on UK Rampage will be different as it was (if I remember correctly) Liz’s last appearance. So, that does play into the ending sequence of the Munich match if she’s gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clintthecrippler said:

I know they have Savage vs Michaels on the UK Invasion show and another match from five days later in Munich on the World Tour tape. Has anyone watched both matches yet? Just trying to figure out if they are both worth watching or if they are mostly the same house show tour match.

I didn't realize they were on another one, but it appears it's on World Tour '92 8/27/92.  I'll have to check that out and compare.  Liz not being a factor sounds intriguing.

But what really is random are the pairings that come up on these tapes.  I see one match that has LOD paired with Natural Disasters and my brain can't process how this could have happened (Disasters were still heels at this time IIRC)  And one that I did watch was Undertaker teaming with Ultimate Warrior.  I get they're faces and it technically makes sense, but it was weird seeing 'Taker doing the epic handshake with Warrior.  At this point I'm going to have to restrain myself from pointing out random stuff like this, but holy crap it's amazing what's on these tapes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Yeah that Savage/Michaels match ruled. I wish that Savage/Bret vs Flair/HBK match was on one of these tapes (or is it elsewhere on WWEN?).

I didn’t watch “Bloopers...”, but after hearing Bryan and Vinny review it, I’m glad I skipped it (I wasn’t gonna watch it anyways). They too had said a lot of the jokes sucked and/or didn’t age well. 

Savage/Bret vs. Flair/HBK is already up as part of the Randy Savage collection, sans commentary for some reason as JR and Heenan did it on the Coliseum version:

http://network.wwe.com/video/v1211132883

• Like 1

I’m a bit surprised no one has mentioned the Butcher Vachon wedding segment from “Bloopers” yet. I love how everyone is shitfaced in that segment and David Schultz just slamming the pie into Vince’s face and saying “I’ve been wanting to that for a while.” The other thing that I thought I noticed was the woman in the wrestling mask getting her shirt partially ripped off when everyone starts destroying the set. 

I’m sure Vince thinks this segment is still one of the most hilarious things the WWF/E has ever put out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Critts said:

I’m a bit surprised no one has mentioned the Butcher Vachon wedding segment from “Bloopers” yet. I love how everyone is shitfaced in that segment and David Schultz just slamming the pie into Vince’s face and saying “I’ve been wanting to that for a while.” The other thing that I thought I noticed was the woman in the wrestling mask getting her shirt partially ripped off when everyone starts destroying the set. 

I’m sure Vince thinks this segment is still one of the most hilarious things the WWF/E has ever put out.

Vince cracking up and pointing and laughing at Sky Low Low is easily the most human Vince has ever looked on WWF/WWE television, even if it was because he was laughing at a little person with a pie on his head.

He also seems genuinely perturbed at how legit drunk Albano was.