DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Also wasn't it the Uso who was charged with a DUI about a week ago.   

Yeah, I think it was Jey who was charged.  But if it matters it was Jimmy that was driving.  But the timing is a bit strange if you know about that.

So on Februrary 5th I believe the next classic dump to be add is Coliseum Video stuff.  Not sure which stuff but since the Best of ones have already been shown on 24/7 that I expect those are the ones added.  I wonder if they will add that one Best of that the didn't include.  Can't remember if it was Best of 2, 3, or 4

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So on Februrary 5th I believe the next classic dump to be add is Coliseum Video stuff.  Not sure which stuff but since the Best of ones have already been shown on 24/7 that I expect those are the ones added.  I wonder if they will add that one Best of that the didn't include.  Can't remember if it was Best of 2, 3, or 4

That's great to here if true.  Those first six or seven tapes always had at least one really good match on them that for the most part aren't on the Network (even if most of it is clipped to hell.)  

I just read the article about it.  38 Coliseum Videos are being added.  There were 138 tapes before they dropped the comp concept and only released PPV shows.  Of those, 34 were PPVs.  So of the 104 left, my guess would be the Best of the WWF series (1-20) and the early comps (Bloopers, Bleeps, etc.) not counting the Hulkamanias or other tapes that are pretty much on the Network anyway (Big Event, Best of SNME.)

What's even more interesting to me is that the March release is rumoured to be WWWF All-Star Wrestling from the 70s and 80s.

• Like 2

Definitely, the way they ended his part of the show was kind of abrupt and you could hear the whole backstage clapping for him and then it just fades to black.

Saddest part is him looking like he went through a war BEFORE the match...

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The fact that they interviewed Taker so much clearly says to me that he fully intended to retire last year

Say what you will about the Roman match, but that ending with the coat and hat was one of the most perfect moments in wrestling ever. I really wish he would just have done with in-ring work and let that magic moment stand. 

10 of the Coliseum Video titles have been revealed:

(per wwenetworknews.com)

Bloopers, Bleeps, and Bodyslams, Most Unusual Matches, Villains of the Squared Circle, Brains Behind the Brawn, Funniest Moments, Mega Matches, Wrestling’s Greatest Champions, Battle at the Royal Albert Hall, World Tour ‘92, Invasion of the Bodyslammers

Should be noted that World Tour is the one that has the rare Randy Savage/Shawn Michaels World Title match on it.

• Like 2

Most of this stuff is on dailymotion at least, right? At least now that tsteck was brought back from being a dead account. When I was going through all 1990-91 WWF back in 2009 as my toe-dipping back into wrestling after Benoit, I'd used Graham's site to pinpoint these things and I could watch 90% of everything chronologically based on taping date. I'd think the most exciting bit about these tapes (past UK nostalgia because I get this being your only real access to wrestling for years or whatever) would be the skits.

Like this. This is one of the best:

9 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

I am actually more hopeful that the majority of Coliseum uploads will be the 89-94 era when the match lineups were almost all exclusives. I loved the Best of the WWF comps also, but so much of those early tapes were recycled TV angles and clipped MSG house show matches.

The Brains Behind the Brawn was such a horrible pick.  Every single moment on that tape is already on the Network somewhere.  For the record, my dumbass still bought the VHS tape cheap on clearance.

On 1/30/2018 at 7:18 PM, sydneybrown said:

Most Unusual Matches

I remember renting this as a kid and thinking it was just the drizzling shits. Lanny Poffo in a suit of armor and two Race/Hogan Texas Death Matches that consisted of Hogan strangling Race with a cord for minutes at a time. There's a DVDVR review of it somewheres. 

EDIT: Nevermind, it was "Even More Unusual Matches" http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/dvdvr/dvdvr101.html

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

I remember renting this as a kid and thinking it was just the drizzling shits. Lanny Poffo in a suit of armor and two Race/Hogan Texas Death Matches that consisted of Hogan strangling Race with a cord for minutes at a time. There's a DVDVR review of it somewheres. 

EDIT: Nevermind, it was "Even More Unusual Matches" http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/dvdvr/dvdvr101.html

There was nothing more business-exposing than them showing Hogan/Race in MSG, then following it up with Hogan/Race in Boston where they have the EXACT SAME match.

• Like 1