DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

On 3/24/2017 at 6:13 PM, Infinit said:

Didn't the keep Orndorff on standby just in case Andre's health acted up?

That was the rumor but having just watched the SNME pre-WMIII battle royal where Hogan pretty much treated Orndorff like he was nothing, I find that a little hard to believe.

And Orndorff was off television until May or June, I'm pretty sure he was injured.  

I made a "playlist" for my Mania pre-game on Sunday. I picked one match from each WM and made it so that no wrestler could appear more than once. 

WM Match
1 King Kong Bundy vs. SD Jones
2 Bulldogs vs. The Dream Team
3 Piper vs. Adrian Adonis
4 Bam Bam Bigelow vs. One Man Gang
5 Brainbusters vs. Strike Force
6 Demolition vs. Colossal Connection
7 Warrior vs. Savage
8 Natural Disasters vs. Money Inc.
9 Doink the Clown vs. Crush
10 Luger vs. Yoko
11 Razor vs. Jarrett
12 Undertaker vs. Diesel
13 Bret vs. Austin
14 Taka vs. Aguila
15 Butterbean vs. Bart Gunn
16 T&A vs. Head Cheese
17 Vince vs. Shane
18 The Rock vs. Hogan
19 Matt Hardy vs. Rey Mysterio
20 Victoria vs. Molly Holly
21 Angle vs. HBK
22 Edge vs. Foley
23 Benoit vs. MVP
24 Floyd Mayweather vs. Big Show
25 HHH vs. Orton
26 Cena vs. Batista
27 Morrison/Trish/Snookie vs. Dolph/LayCool
28 Punk vs. Y2J
29 Mark Henry vs. Ryback
30 Woman's Battle Royal
31 Roman Reigns vs. Brock
32 Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha

• Like 6

I tried to watch it but it cut out after DDP and never came back on.  I also didn't give a shit to keep trying either.  Is this typical for live shit on the network with hot programs? 

11 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I made a "playlist" for my Mania pre-game on Sunday. I picked one match from each WM and made it so that no wrestler could appear more than once.

trying to come up with my personal list with the same restrictions.....you're a better man than me.

13 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Whatever process led to having Triple H vs Orton in there is deeply flawed.

It's really tricky. A big stumbling block was WM12 b/c it only had 5 matches to choose from. I'd already used Piper and needed Austin, Bret, HBK for others. Another issue was guys using multiple gimmicks. Matt Borne coming back as Doink and Smash as Repo Man. I was going to use the Jericho vs. Legends match from that Mania but I wanted Jericho for his match vs. Punk as that's the only WM I've been to.

WM16 was tough as well b/c every match was a multi-person match. So I'd go to use a match and realize I'd already used one person or wanted to use them for something else. I had to use Head Cheese vs. T&A for Jeebus' sake. 

The MITB and TLC matches were pretty much dq'ed as well b/c of that.

PWInsider reports that today may be the day we get the announcement for the indies on the network. Progress and ICW are the ones we "know". Interesting to see how they want to do it. Do we get higher priced versions of the Network, and if so, do we get the archives? Are there other indies? No American ones?

On 4/1/2017 at 3:16 AM, andrew8798 said:

We got a lot of Mid-South Episodes added from 81-83

Hope we get some 84-85 episodes. That is said to be when they are at their best

Awesome.  I'm just happy to have ANY territory get some added shows.

Never knew until just now that the Blow Away Diet and the Ted DiBiase cape promo are on the Colorful Characters Collection.

They really did pick the perfect point to start the Mid-South shows.  The first episode is Boyd Pierce with an incredibly bored-sounding Ted DiBiase.  As luck would have it, the second episode is Boyd with some plucky young wrestling fan named Jim Ross who all but takes the show away from him and never lets go.

The territories sure did love that "wrestler A couldn't make it so wrestler B brags about what a loser he is until wrestler A shows up and we find out wrestler B was responsible" angle.

Watching the new MSW from April 1982 and the canned music is continuing to kill me. I'd love to know what Killer Karl Kox (of all people to have a theme song) was using there. Also dug Orton Jr vs Mike Sharpe in a battle of future arm gimmicks. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Watching the new MSW from April 1982 and the canned music is continuing to kill me. I'd love to know what Killer Karl Kox (of all people to have a theme song) was using there. Also dug Orton Jr vs Mike Sharpe in a battle of future arm gimmicks. 

Maybe that match was the nexus point for both men injuring their arms :o

• Like 1

Something else about MSW: they cram so much stuff into their hour but nothing ever feels rushed. The show I was watching this morning had at least SIX matches (Budro/Jesse Barr Young Lions tag, three squashes, Sharpe vs Orton and Roop vs Olympia) plus a couple of promos into just over 40 minutes, yet their TV just breezes by.

Iron Mike Sharpe, white-meat babyface GENTLE GIANT~! is a hoot and a half if you were raised on his burly shouty WWF run.

This is really good stuff. I'll get through this new block if it kills me- or if the wife does. :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Watching the new MSW from April 1982 and the canned music is continuing to kill me. I'd love to know what Killer Karl Kox (of all people to have a theme song) was using there.

The announcers actually say his theme song was "Here Comes Da Judge" which is most likely the version by Pigmeat Markham.

• Like 1