DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

i've always found it odd that Madusa showed up, throwing the WWF Women's Title in the trash. Then they introduce the WCW Women's Title, which she never won. wcw had ONE female "star" that they refused to capitalize on.  truly bizarre.

23 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I think we all just have a soft spot for Molly Holly.

I also loved that she was Miss Madness. She just showed up as a beauty queen like Macho had his own beauty pageant somewhere and she won it.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2016 at 5:29 PM, twiztor said:

i've always found it odd that Madusa showed up, throwing the WWF Women's Title in the trash. Then they introduce the WCW Women's Title, which she never won. wcw had ONE female "star" that they refused to capitalize on.  truly bizarre.

It was a strange time for women in WCW with both a women's world title and women's cruiserweight title that they really didn't seem interested in promoting. And tons of women from GAEA that they pretty much wasted other than Hokuto. 

8 hours ago, Jamal said:

It was a strange time for women in WCW with both a women's world title and women's cruiserweight title that they really didn't seem interested in promoting. And tons of women from GAEA that they pretty much wasted other than Hokuto. 

Yeah, I remember the women's cruiserweight title. Actually the only thing I remember about it was either Larry Z, Dusty or Bobby the Brain saying something like, "so who gets to tell the other women that they're too heavy to go for this belt?"

• Like 1

Watching the cage match on LU Vampiro mentioned his cage match with Sting so I checked it out (it was on a Nitro from May 15th, 2000). The match wasn't anything special, but the episode was all over the place! It was New Blood vs. Millionaire's Club era so it's super wonky but I did notice that plenty of people got segments and exposure over the 2 hour show.

Ugh

WWE will be trying out new Network content on Monday night with "Bring it to the Table" premiering after Raw goes off the air.

The pre-taped show will feature Peter Rosenberg as its host with Paul Heyman and JBL debating a variety of pro wrestling topics. The show appears to be modeled after similar debate-style sports programming regularly featured on stations like ESPN and FS1.

Rosenberg, a radio/podcast personality and WWE fan, was previously featured on the Network when he appeared on the pre-show prior to the TLC pay-per-view last month. He tweeted about the show earlier on Monday and posted a picture that revealed some of its topics, ranging from Bret Hart, three-hour episodes of Raw, and fantasy match-ups.

WWE has consistently used the post-Raw time slot on the Network to migrate viewers over from that show to debut new programming. No indication has been given as to whether "Bring it to the Table" will become a regular series at some point.

The Network schedule describes the show as: "Immediately following Raw Peter Rosenberg brings the questions and concerns of the WWE Universe to the table in this fast paced discussion and debate with WWE insiders, Paul Heyman and John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield."

Ya know, it would be nice if they got someone who could actually stand up to a JBL or Heyman while they tow the company line. 

Like maybe mentioning the fact that viewership for Raw consistently drops as the show progresses, or the fact that the 3rd hour is often times the least viewed hour. 

Watching Rosenberg cower as Heyman and JBL recited pro WWE talking points was vomit inducing.

Can Rosenberg, bring in Conrad Thompson. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Watching Rosenberg cower as Heyman and JBL recited pro WWE talking points was vomit inducing.

In WWE's eyes, they brought in the perfect person in Rosenberg:  someone smarky enough to bring the Internet bullet points but weak enough that he won't stand up for himself in fear in losing access to the WWE.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Have you seen the crazy Molly Holly smear campaign/vendetta someone has against her and her husband? Utterly bizarre

Hey, we all knew Hollywood Cibernetico was bizarre and insane before he got banned here...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Matt788 said:

Rosenberg displayed levels of masochism that would make Michael Cole proud. He was doing great and then Heyman and JBL just gutted him. It was awful.

Its not like he tried to hit back and failed. He was just obviously scared of losing the gig. 

Wouldn't have taken much to point out Raw's ratings pattern for the last several years. 

• Like 1

The third hour isn't the problem. 3 1/2 hours straight on Tuesdays with 205 and Talking Smack, and most seem to really enjoy it. The problem is that a lot of RAW isn't very good.

• Like 5