DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

Now that this is out, what else could they possibly troll the hardcore fans with to entice them into signing up? Can't do it all at once... just every few months or so in dribs and drabs to keep them renewing.

a "Best of crazy WCW Luchador 6/8-man tags" would get me signed up for another month.

The Collections are one of my favorite things on there, just because I'm not going to do the legwork of sifting through everything for the good stuff and that makes it so easy.  Watching the cruiser weight one just brings back memories of all those matches which got me to seek out more wrestling than just WWF/WCW.

Whatever they are those poor pants didn't stand a chance.

Maybe the footage really has been with Ole the whole time and he just didn't want the world to see him in a blown out pair of boot cuts.

• Like 1

I do love how Ole throws a punch.  You see the baseball throw style punch now with Kushida and others but Ole gets the entire legs into like a full wind up.  That looks like they would hurt like hell and for this post-match they probably did.

All this time I thought Ellering was in a cage on top of the cage but actually he was on the side of it almost parallel to it.    Given that top I am sure not Ellering himself could have stayed on the top of the cage much less the shark cage.

I believe the arm work was Sawyer way of getting blood from Rich's arm.  In most NWA cage matches that time, if someone arm hit the cage they gigged it.  Tully and Dusty loved that shit.  I mean how else would you consider biting it.

I didn't mind the early arm work, he's biting, trying to ram it into the cage or around the ropes, if he can take away a body part early Rich is easy pickings. But he gave up early and that was probably the smart thing to do after getting kicked in the balls.

This was very hate-filled and very bloody.  As a match, I would say it's pretty good!  But as a spectacle, this and the post-match stuff combined, it makes it even better so it's a great watch.  Also, I was cheering the run-in at the end.  That was excellent.

After rewatching, I have less of a problem with the opening arm work. It was presented as Sawyer being opportunistic after Rich banged his arm on the cage rather than a strategy formulated beforehand. Given that, it made sense for him to abandon it after Rich kneed him in the groin. it was like he realized there was no real point in working holds in a match where your opponent can escape by gouging your eye or hitting you in the balls.

So I watched Joe/Regal. It's basically just a Regal one-man show, kind of like a poor man's Regal/Sting. Joe was less than a year into his career, and he was still pretty green. And he was wrestling in a singlet and a Hawaiian shirt. It's a solid match, but you'll be disappointed if you go in expecting it to be a hidden gem or lost classic.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Now I have hours of other hidden gems to watch.  I'm not getting a lot of work done today! They should have dropped this yesterday lol

I know they tend to release things on Tuesday, but if there was ever a time to put it out Monday Labor Day would have been it.  Missed opportunity on that one, but still cool to see these.

Saw the first half of the cage match and I appreciated the arm work at the beginning.  I saw it as Buzz's attempt at taking away Tommy's punching arm.  It's getting bloody for Tommy and Buzz is about to get some color.  Can't wait to see the rest of this.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Now that this is out, what else could they possibly troll the hardcore fans with to entice them into signing up? Can't do it all at once... just every few months or so in dribs and drabs to keep them renewing.

70s Flair/Steamboat?

70s Dusty from Florida, esp Heel Dusty?

mid-south house shows? 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

The answer here, of course, is the "Girls Gone Wild" crossover ppv.

16 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

There's the KOW vs. Rollins/Punk match from NXT that exists.

That's the one I was thinking about. Guess it's probably safe to say we won't be seeing it for a while.

I would love a Regal in FCW/NXT collection, but that's obviously a niche of a niche.

3 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

That's the one I was thinking about. Guess it's probably safe to say we won't be seeing it for a while.

I would love a Regal in FCW/NXT collection, but that's obviously a niche of a niche.

The KOW match is on the NXT blu Ray along with Regal/Cesaro from 2012.

Ambrose/Regal is on the Shield blu Ray.

Dory Funk Jr. is the matwork equivalent of your typical spot monkey. Does lots of holds, doesn't bother to show much struggle, and seems disinterested in selling half the time.