DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

On 7/16/2016 at 1:50 AM, PetrolCB said:

We all know it, so it's not an off-the-cuff, but he was a real asshole. He gets praise, and deservedly so for being a great performer. But he's like the musician who says they always give 100%, but in actuality, they do until they get a gig that doesn't have a large crowd and they tank every song and claim it's art or that the crowd wasn't appreciative. 

That Shawn/Hogan match was actually art, though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

You can't out brother the brother......Brother

That reminds me of an interview Sid cut on Jeff Jarrett before Uncensored 2000 (which I had the "pleasure" of attending). He said something like, "Jeff Jarrett thinks that he's the master and the ruler of the world but I'm already the master and ruler of the world and Jeff Jarrett you can not be the master of the master." I know that's a terrible run-on sentence but that's how he said it.

Sid had some unintentionally funny interviews everywhere he went  not to mention the squeegee incident, scissors, and softball.  Surprised Russo didn't combat Angle's 3 I's  with Sid's  3 S's     Squeegee. scissors, softball.    He could add a 4th and use Sid too just to trump him.

On 7/14/2016 at 10:52 AM, Pete said:

“50 States, 50 Dates” would follow a WWE wrestler on 50 states with different women around the country with the idea of showing how difficult it is to maintain a romance on a WWE traveling schedule.

If ever there was a reason to bring back CM Punk this would be it

4 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

is it safe to say Vince is a mark for Shawn? I can't understand how he put up with all his petty shit in the mid 90s

There was the rumor that Vince had a crush on Shawn that came from shoot interviews with guys that hated the Klique. It was really most likely that Vince couldn't afford to let Shawn go to WCW. As self-congratulatory as Shawn is about never jumping, it's safe to say some of his antics were either an attempt to get released or because he knew Vince couldn't fire him. 

On 7/17/2016 at 2:05 PM, paintedbynumbers said:

Sid had some unintentionally funny interviews everywhere he went  not to mention the squeegee incident, scissors, and softball.  Surprised Russo didn't combat Angle's 3 I's  with Sid's  3 S's     Squeegee. scissors, softball.    He could add a 4th and use Sid too just to trump him.

this one always comes to mind:

• Like 1

I watched the hbk and hogan match for the first time the other night (no wrestling from 2000 til 2008), and I thought Shawn was a dick.  I also watched a raw in the Canadian collection in which he cuts a rambling anti Canada speech clearly loaded... McMahon is eating it up though... But it was one of those weird shows in Canada during the heart foundation thing so everything was out of context.  Never was a big hbk fan tbh though.  Hated him during his early heel run, dipped out during his big push, and obviously hated dx and the fucked up jokes.  His later stuff when I came back, in ring only, was totally fine to good though.  His one match against taker is really good.

Was/is  Shawn a dick?  Sure.  He knew what cards were in his hand and what cards were in Vince's and he played them.  Go back and watch 1988-1991 Rockers matches and tell me you would ever see Shawn as the breakout singles star he went on to be.  He snitched on Marty and rode the rocket to the moon.  He did have some good matches though after the injury including the Flair match, a great match with Cena, and the Undertaker match you mentioned.  His feud with Jericho was great too.  Shawn knew Vince would cave to 95% of his demands and he took them.  The only thing that baffled me was why didn't Shawn attempt to get Vince to offer Hall and Nash more money to stay or to lure them back?  Was Shawn worried they would take his spot or did he just not care?

On July 23, 2016 at 4:05 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

RAW 2006 is not worth watching and definitely not reliving.

Balderdash. It gives me a perfect reason to screencap my friend Eddie and I, while I hold up my RVD sign, during his entrance on the 2/20 Raw. 

He's totally pointing at us. 

Its-Not-A-Lie-If-You-Believe-It-Seinfeld

So Ride Along is back up.  As advertised on Raw, Jericho/Henry and The Club are the entries.  Fun ep, though if you've listened to them on various pods, you've heard some of the stories before.

Next episode will be Dudleys and Enzo/Cass

I was amused that BC got some of the impressions on the show.  Cool to see that transition over from their Talkn' Shop show.  If they were allowed to show more personality I wouldn't mind seeing them do that once in a while on TV.

RAW 7/21/97 -Bret Hart and Vince McMahon get in a fight and the pro-Canada crowd just goes fucking nuclear.  There's almost a feeling of chaos to it like bad shit is really about to go down.

RAW 1/4/99- Steve Austin coming out to help Mankind pin The Rock I still think is the loudest pop in pro wrestling history.

• Like 1