DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Is the WM 360 from Santa Clara worth a watch? Any other original programming decent?

They are always "worth" the watch.

I probably didn't like Santa Clara as much as the other one but I think that was more due to who they picked to focus on than anything.

But it is "worth it" just to see Lesnar pumping up Taker before his match

Is the WM 360 from Santa Clara worth a watch? Any other original programming decent?

They are always "worth" the watch.

I probably didn't like Santa Clara as much as the other one but I think that was more due to who they picked to focus on than anything.

But it is "worth it" just to see Lesnar pumping up Taker before his match

I just watched the whole thing because I wanted to see that. I always thought Brock and Taker didn't like each other, and that Brock didn't give a fuck about the show other than his segments, so that was cool.

I'm watching Mania 6 and three things stood out:

1. Fuck Roddy Piper for his racist bullshit.  Only a disgusting bigot would think painting yourself black is somehow a putdown of the other person.  Was there any repercussions from Bad News?  By all accounts, he didn't take that shit lightly.
  2. Of the 36 wrestlers on the card, 14 are now dead.  That's over 1/3 and approaching 40%.  I was shocked to go two matches in a row with no dead people, but then the following match was Dusty & Sapphire vs Savage & Sherry.  Holy shit.  And then Elizabeth came in as a second for the face team and made it worse.
  3. Our concept of wrestler size has changed.  For example, because of the shit Vince fed us in the 80s, I remember considering Tito & Perfect to be "small" wrestlers.  Watching now, those guys were jacked and it's bizarre I ever thought they were small.

I am curious if they are going to show the TNN shows AND the syndicated Hardcore TV shows that ran at the same time.  There are a few times where it looks like it because the dates are like August 27th and August 28th.   Near the end of the TNN run, the syndicated show was easily the best product

1. Fuck Roddy Piper for his racist bullshit.  Only a disgusting bigot would think painting yourself black is somehow a putdown of the other person.  Was there any repercussions from Bad News?  By all accounts, he didn't take that shit lightly.

He wasn't happy about it. He said it was Vince's idea. Plus he was super pissed that Piper got $50,000 US dollars for that match and Bad News got $10,000 US and $2,000 Canadian dollars.

• Like 1

I thought it was some mighty fine karma when Piper for the life of him couldn't get the black makeup off for a few weeks.  I could just see him going around town with that still on and people thinking "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

I thought it was some mighty fine karma when Piper for the life of him couldn't get the black makeup off for a few weeks. I could just see him going around town with that still on and people thinking "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

I've never heard that the paint/makeup wouldn't come off. That's freakin hilarious.

I thought it was some mighty fine karma when Piper for the life of him couldn't get the black makeup off for a few weeks. I could just see him going around town with that still on and people thinking "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

I've never heard that the paint/makeup wouldn't come off. That's freakin hilarious.

He tells the story of it on Table for 3 on the network. Either way, fuck him and Vince for that shit. Even as a kid renting Coliseum Videos that shit bothered me.

I thought it was some mighty fine karma when Piper for the life of him couldn't get the black makeup off for a few weeks.  I could just see him going around town with that still on and people thinking "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

IIRC, he said that Andre replaced the usual paint with some sort of industrial paint. He said he couldn't get it off after the event and had to go back through customs wearing it.

The Brock Lesnar Year One collection they have on there is a good idea, I hope they keep expanding that section

They could do with upping their game a bit w/r/t having content logically grouped together in general, I wish they had the option to watch a promotion's available content in chronological order without having to back out and search for a PPV/different weekday show via a different menu

• Like 2

My feed's been a dumpster fire all night.  PS3 was unwatchable, the laptop isn't much better, but I'm not getting the back skips that the PS3 was giving me.

I'm anywhere from at least 30 seconds to 2 minutes behind.