DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Much like the ESPN special, it sounds like he's yet again showing how awesome he is but is unfortunately saddled with what he's doing on TV.  There's still a chance to see him just be him and it'll be grand.  But time's ticking and gimmick's like the party pooper won't help his case.  But it sounds like I should check this out, sounds like a good one.

Wow - never caught how strange it was with Roddy Piper on commentary pointing out that Dean Hart died the day before Survivor Series 1990, and then two minutes later Ted Dibiase introduces The Undertaker.

Anyways, love the Network for times like this where I come on to watch a Table for 3 and get totally sucked in to a 25 year old PPV.

• Like 1

Fall Brawl 93 is pretty terrible. Where does Yoshi Kwan rank on the list of all-time racist gimmicks?

I have no clue how you can have Rick Rude and Ric Flair work together and somehow come up with not only a boring match but an all-around boring angle.

And whose bright idea was it to have Arn and Roma go 20+ minutes with the Nasty Boys?

Watching the Foley/Rock RR '99 match since I hadn't seen it in a while. I know it's been discussed to death; but, god damn it, how in the fuck did Mick keep going during that chairshot blitzkrieg? Is it that boxing brain callous that abled him to stay on his feet or is he just super human/stupid? Either way, probably both, it's disturbing.

Wow

I admit I was a pretty big Yoshi Kwan fan as a kid.  I haven't seen him since until now, and holy shit, I feel stupid now.

I didn't watch much WCW in that period, so I missed it. I went into that thinking, "Oh come on, it's wrestling. This won't even be in the top 50 of racist gimmicks," and I start watching and it's "Ok, that music is about what I was expecting...that costume...and he's walking like he's a frat boy coming out of a Bruce Lee movie...ok, this is kinda bad. I assume he'll be masked to hide his non-Asianness...oh dear God. They didn't. Jesus fuck he's got Ming the Merciless eyebrows. Yeah, ok, this is pretty goddamned racist."

The idea that it's been a longer period of time since Austin retired than the amount of time from Undertaker's WWE debut to Austin's retirement made me feel really old.

Also, I never heard the WrestleMania 25 story before about Undertaker asking Michael Hayes where they were in the lineup.  That makes the match that much better to me.

The idea that it's been a longer period of time since Austin retired than the amount of time from Undertaker's WWE debut to Austin's retirement made me feel really old.

Also, I never heard the WrestleMania 25 story before about Undertaker asking Michael Hayes where they were in the lineup.  That makes the match that much better to me.

I was watching the Brain Busters/Demolition match where the Busters won the titles and realized that I'm about a year older than Tully Blanchard was in that match. That made me feel super old.

If someone wanted to start watching NXT, what's a good place to start? Like how far back should you go? I watched the oldest episode on the Network which had Adrian Neville vs Corey Graves and his ridiculous skinny jeans as the main event. It was alright, but the crowd wasn't that into it. Also, how do you have a guy called Aiden English, and a guy called Adrian who is English on the same show? That would be like Sha Samuels feuding with Samuel Shaw.