DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

i have a compilation dvd of the Brawl4All tourney. 

as a big fan of pro wrestling, and a big fan of mma (especially early nhb style mma), i loved it. 

all of my friends hated it, and it gets nothing but hate online. i can't see them wanting to showcase it again.

As stupid as the Jerry Springer show concept is, the segment on this week's show with Gene Okerlund dicking around with the talent during the house show interviews is tremendous.  Gene causing Nikolai Volkoff to completely lose his shit is amazing.

• Like 1

As stupid as the Jerry Springer show concept is, the segment on this week's show with Gene Okerlund dicking around with the talent during the house show interviews is tremendous. Gene causing Nikolai Volkoff to completely lose his shit is amazing.

Gene "Tiny Dick" Okerlund.

As stupid as the Jerry Springer show concept is, the segment on this week's show with Gene Okerlund dicking around with the talent during the house show interviews is tremendous.  Gene causing Nikolai Volkoff to completely lose his shit is amazing.

Hadn't seen a few of those before, not a bad edition in my opinion.

Edit: I'm not sure how I feel about Greg Valentine smiling.

Edited by The Green Meanie

Every once in a while I like to go back and watch the TNT interview with King Curtis Iaukea.  He is so jolly and grandfatherly that I stare in amazement at how different he is from his character.  If it weren't for his cut-up forehead, I'd never believe that was him.

Speaking of TNT I saw the review on the WO page for episode 24 of TNT.  Holy crap, no way in hell some of that would make TV now.  What really jumped out was this:

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe-news/42959-wwe-tuesday-night-titans-episode-24-review-david-schultz-pulls-a-gun-on-vince-mcmahon-a-slaps-john-stossel

"Then it takes a turn. 
Schultz pulls out a gun and points it in McMahon's direction and insists that it is not loaded. He fires it to prove it. Bad move. The gun fires in the air and McMahon screams, "You stupid idiot! What's the matter with you."

Schultz is embarrassed and grabs another gun, while claiming someone must have loaded that one without telling him, as McMahon and Hayes run off. Schultz didn't last much longer after this and in some ways it feels like McMahon set up the segment to further portray Schultz as a loose cannon, perhaps to justify firing him."

I'm not sure if Vince would actually set it up that way, but we are talking Vince here.  Still, I absolutely need to see this when I get home.

Watching season two of tough enough back and I'd forgotten just how clearly Jackie was the best of the group. It's not even close. That infamous match clouded my opinion I guess.

But Jake was better than Linda.

Schultz is embarrassed and grabs another gun, while claiming someone must have loaded that one without telling him, as McMahon and Hayes run off. Schultz didn't last much longer after this and in some ways it feels like McMahon set up the segment to further portray Schultz as a loose cannon, perhaps to justify firing him."

Actually it was a moot point, because Schultz had already been fired for the attempted attack on Mr. T weeks before this show even aired.  Pretty sure this segment was the last time Dr. D ever appeared on WWF TV.

Really?  Wow.  All I've read was about the Stossel incident, didn't know about this one.  That's a helluva way to write him off though.  Now I want to go down the rabbit hole of sorts and find out what happened to him.

Watched the Springer bloopers episode and regardless of what you think of the show that was a fun time.  Also want to mention the Unfiltered episode with Darren Young is worth watching.  He comes across like such a wonderfully nice guy.  It's amazing to think how he won the tag belts and while it's cool a gay man won it's not the first thing anybody thinks about.  People are more likely to think "Hey, a funny and talented wrestler won the tag titles" more than anything else.  That's a great thing, especially given how the perception of gays in wrestling was not good to say the least.

Watching the ECW Invasion Raw from

Feb. '97; what a crazy moment this was for an 11 year old PCB, naive to anything "insider" wise. I was lucky enough to grow up in South Jersey and being privy to ECW early on, so this was quite an episode of professional wrestling. Very NXT-like feel to this episode in hindsight, in my opinion. Also awesome, Taz's first War Machine theme being un-dubbed on this WWEN edit. I always preferred that one.

Also, every Old School Raw should emanate from the Manhattan Center. No clue why they never went back for those gimmicked one-off shows.

• Like 1