DVDVR Message Board

EA Sports UFC

I looked, didn't see a thread for this game.  There's a deal running on xbox1's live for each games this week for EA titles..I snagged dragon age inquisition and this little gem ($10 for each sports buff).  It's still downloading but I've played through the tutorial and fought the first fight between Jones and Gustafson (which is the only thing unlocked so far)...my stand-up game is ok from the first ufc game years ago, but my clinch/wrestling/submission game is total garbage.    

Other than that I know nothing of the game.  I can see myself pouring hours into this thing already.

• Like 1

I posted in the sports game thread about how much better this game is now after all of the patching compared to launch day. It's pretty fucking great and for $10, it's a no brainer if you have any interest in MMA. Play through the challenges to improve your game. Don't get stuck on the broken ones where you have to counter an opponent who makes Mahatma Gandhi look like Bork Laser.

I need to get back into this.  Thought the gameplay was a bit too arcade-y for me, and it was too easy to do suplexes.  I did like the career mode no matter how basic the RPG factor is.  I'm in the semi-main event and after a couple more wins will have the belt.  And there was something cool about playing as Bruce Lee destroying fools.  It's a really fun game.  I wish the Pride mode was put into this version and not Undisputed 3.  I'm really hoping they bring it back for the next one.

I kind of hate how this game turned out, like the THQ games were so much better and this is such a drop off that I didnt stick with it all that long.

I'm not buying the sequel blind. This was the first game I got with my PS4. Bruce Lee got to me. Too huge of a fan.

Yesterday I played enough of the career mode(lightheavyweight) to make it to Dan Henderson....knowing full and goddamn well to watch the hook.  First punch thrown is Hendo's hook and boom my ass is laid across the mat and Hendo is hammerfisting my nose through the base of my skull before I know it.  I recovered,  got back to my feet and the sonuvabitch did it again.  I'm not sure how I didn't get finished in the first round, but (somehow) beat him by KO in the 2nd round (I think) with a knee to the face in the thai plum (sp?)

I like this game.  Next fight I put down Rashad Evans.

I really don't like some of the training, most of the time the shit it tells you to do to gain points doesn't actually give me points.  This is why I break controllers.

Yeah, I didn't bother with career mode but I'm pretty sure those drills are the same as the challenges which can be so gotdayum frustrating. But the fights more than make up for it.

If they put in some Be a Joe Silva mode or whatever, one where you can make cards, play through the fights and get rated on excitement and name value of fights would be awesome. Basically like the MMA game that Adam Ryland does but with actual gameplay. 

Got this for review on PS4 because I thought the pad would be better...and then all the stick stuff wore down both sticks on one pad and then a trigger busted, so fuck that. I got it for $10 or so on X1 digitally and holy shit is that pad so much more durable and better-suited for this game. Holly Holm is a fucking beast too.

• 3 weeks later...

Got this for review on PS4 because I thought the pad would be better...and then all the stick stuff wore down both sticks on one pad and then a trigger busted, so fuck that. I got it for $10 or so on X1 digitally and holy shit is that pad so much more durable and better-suited for this game. Holly Holm is a fucking beast too.

This is my biggest problem with the PS4 controller. The precision on it is not the best in the world, and I have issues with the "click in" feature that all the shooters use these days for running.

I had to buy thumbstick covers for my controller because my thumb had worn down the left thumb stick cover too.

It sounds like they've somewhat fixed this with newer controllers. I touched one of those Anniversary edition controllers that came with those consoles, and it felt a little different.