DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 2/20/15

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing February 20, 2015

*Eric Young def. Tommy Dreamer in a bloody hardcore match.

*Ethan Carter III came out with Tyrus but was interrupted by Mr. Anderson. Rockstar Spud attacked EC3 from behind and took out Tyrus. Anderson went to shave EC3's head but Tyrus made the save. Anderson & Spud then held Tyrus down and shaved his head. Anderson said Tyrus was the first customer to the Spud barber shop and EC3 was next.

*Taryn Terrell def. Angelina Love to retain the knockouts championship. After the match, Awesome Kong showed up and went at it with Taryn, eventually laying her out. Gail Kim came out and had a staredown with Kong.

*Kurt Angle comes to the ring and talks about a battle royal for later tonight.

*Mickie James makes her return to TNA and cuts a promo.

*MVP won a 20 man battle royal to become the #1 contender to the TNA World Title, last eliminating Kurt Angle

*Grado def. Al Snow. After the match, they shook hands but the BDC arrived and attacked Grado. Drew Galloway (McIntyre) made the save to a big pop to end the show.

Would love to see Drew in more than just a one time deal

Since TNA are already promoting Drew's debut on their website I think it's fair to assume it's more than just a one shot deal.

Anyway, I haven't seen any of his recent work but I've been hearing nothing but good things about Drew on the indies so I'm looking forward to seeing him on TV again.

Velvet out, Mickie in. Nice trade off!

Thank God there's no way that can backfire on a guy in his '50s.

Great opening video for the gauntlet really put the rankings over huge. Then they had Angle do a blink and you missed it promo, followed by another one from Lashley. Wolves and Hardy beat the Revolution, but ate a beating and then Storm ordered Abyss to take out Manik so he did. CAN ANY TEAM IN TNA GET ALONG!? Spud and EC3's stuff was fun. Anderson was hit or miss, but they got the shaving stip over quickly with Tyrus tonight. Grado-Snow was a lot of fun, in part due to the commentary and them keeping in Grado's full intro with a knock-off, so you still got the clapping visually, but couldn't hear it. Galloway came off like a huge deal in the post-match deal and fucked Ki up something fierce. Knockouts title match was short, but set up an awesome 3-way program with Taryn-Gail-Kong.

EY-Tommy was a going through the motions version of every Tommy Dreamer match since 2000. The Mickie-Bram stuff was fantastic and right in line with HHH's bit about how you've got to make the female roster seem tough. Mickie came off as someone who didn't just say that she took no shit, but backed it up by attacking the guy who assaulted her fiance. She was a total badass, and it's a shame we're not getting this story on WWE's main roster with all three being treated like serious deals. Lashley is SUCH A BAD PROMO. Jesus. Get him a talker! 

Gauntlet was a thing. Good to see Melendez back on the roster. No one was given much time to shine here though until SPUD AND TYRUS HAD A FANTASTIC EXCHANGE. Spud ran wild with great running forearms, but ate a lifting Samoan spike to Spud. He took out Koya, ate mist, and got eliminated by Anderson. I dug the MVP-Kurt stuff. Not sure if MVP got hurt on the ropes or what. Loved the post-show video NOT COMPLETELY SPOILING THE SHOW FOR ONCE, and MVP-Lashley could be good.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/02/tna-impact-wrestling-2-20-15.html

Screens

WWE was right to fire Josh -

9a0331391856182.jpg 

0430ae391860007.jpg

f44c13391860531.jpg 

461154391860551.jpg

3f4b8a391860562.jpg

ca990a391861221.jpg 

b561d7391861237.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/r1rt8y69jj4bs4tgyk2cqjouu5rpmbwe

• 3 weeks later...

Man that Dreamer/Young match was sad. Low Ki gets busted open hardway from Galloway and Dreamer has to blade and the crowd just doesn't care. Main event was pretty bland like it has been since the Beatdown crew started. MVP's a good talker but I don't want to see him wrestle. Same thing for Angle. I liked a lot about this show (Grado/Snow, The spud/Anderson angle and the opener with the Wolves) That Anderson segment was the first time I found him entertaing in years. Nice to see Mickie back but I wish she was wrestling instead having to put over Charlotte's shitty husband.

Love the potential in Taryn-Gail-Kong headlining the knockouts division. Battle royal flew by quick but thought it was enjoyable for what it was. Cool to see Drew's debut even though it seemed to cut away quick. Fun little match with Grado/Snow and a good opener too. Love the Matt/Wolves triple team finish.

TNA Unlocked showed Ki's blood loss, but showed EY-Tommy in black and white. The Angle-Tenay interview was worth going out of your way to see - although I wish I'd recorded the whole thing instead of about 90% of it. Also, they showed the show's script during the close-up of Josh in his ridiculous sweater and white and black diamond pants getup.

fc6505392033731.jpg

TNA Unlocked showed Ki's blood loss, but showed EY-Tommy in black and white. The Angle-Tenay interview was worth going out of your way to see - although I wish I'd recorded the whole thing instead of about 90% of it.

You'll have two more chances to record it on Friday and Saturday early morning.

Great to see Mickie back! She came off really well against Bram.

The Angelina/Taryn match was short but good. The KOs have always been good at utilizing their time in matches. I'm jazzed about this potential Kong/Taryn/Gail match as all three are not afraid to sacrifice themselves for our sins.