DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

I can't believe it took Deadpool of all things to get me to like something involving Celine Dion.  What a weird world we live in.

Also, the Deadpool stuff at 7-11 is worth checking out.  From the signs to the Slurpee cup that crosses out "Slur" it's a pretty nice marketing campaign they have going on.

On 5/4/2018 at 3:52 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

I can't believe it took Deadpool of all things to get me to like something involving Celine Dion.  What a weird world we live in.

Yeah, I don't like her either.

Deadpool 2's out next week!!!

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 4:38 PM, Matt D said:

Honestly, if Reynolds wants to make a smaller movie and Fox wants to toss money at it instead, that's the way to go. Just spend all of it on the marketing in more and more outlandish ways.

Yep. Great marketing for Deadpool and Deadpool 2.

I'm actually kind of stoked for Deadpool 2.  And, as i might have mentioned, I loathe most everything Deadpool-related.  I'm not big on comic book movies either.  Avengers: Infinity War can have my money when Avengers 4 comes out.

The trailers have done a great job selling the movie to me.

Deadpool 2 is good, but not as good as the original. There's some fun gags and fan service, story isn't as tight and focused as the first one. Josh Brolin's Cable is underwhelming. Zazie Beets as Domino is the best new addition. Plus another cool Marvel character who makes an appearance. 

Fans will enjoy the comedic gags and elements, but the story's bit underwhelming and sort of pointless. I will say this, having Deadpool and Vanessa stay together in the first movie was a mistake. Obvious conclusion to that relationship is made. 

The way people wait with baited breath over Rotten Tomato scores is also getting kind of annoying. 

I liked what they did with the opening title sequence this time. 

• Like 1

I'm not overly trusting of the culture writers of The Atlantic when it comes to superhero fare. But I do get a chuckle at @TheVileOne's assessment basically being the opposite of the blurb they posted yesterday:

The sequel is at least as hilarious, and features a better plot, better villains—including a standout performance by Josh Brolin—and a few unexpected swerves.

I'm excited to see where it lands for me.

While I'm here, promo for tonight's episode of Legion. Shit appears to be on.

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm not overly trusting of the culture writers of The Atlantic when it comes to superhero fare. But I do get a chuckle at @TheVileOne's assessment basically being the opposite of the blurb they posted yesterday:

I'm excited to see where it lands for me.

While I'm here, promo for tonight's episode of Legion. Shit appears to be on.

Deadpool 2 has no real villains.