DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Heard the mid/post credits scene are awesome. Don't know them or want to till I see it.

If this is true:

Spoiler

One of the mid credit scenes is of Deadpool killing Ryan Reynolds just as he's about to sign the contract to star in Green Lantern.

I am going to lose my shit, because that is fucking brilliant.

That's the only spoiler I've bothered to track down since it isn't really tied to the plot of the movie and won't ruin the story for me.

• Like 2

I admit I'm biased but I thought Deadpool 2 was great.  Solid fight scenes, very funny.  Josh Brolin and Zazie Beetz do a really good job in their roles.  The opening credits and post-credit scenes are incredible.

I'm ready for X-Force!

• Like 3

I dont think it was as good as the first one, but I think enough enjoyable stuff to make it worth seeing, especially at 0945 matinee prices.

Plus, lots of nice meta stuff for the comics nerds. 

Wow. That was fucking fantastic. I think I liked it more than the first. It overdelivered for us.

I'm still chuckling at our reaction to

Spoiler

OH HOLY, OH HOLY SHITBALLS

We're sitting there and it's like, wait, did I just hear what I thought I heard... Oh my god, I did hear what I thought I heard.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Had a pint with my Dad at a new cinema before Deadpool 2!

Prefer Deadpool, the original is smaller, tighter and funnier. Still enjoyed DP2, the mid-credits scenes are fucking hilarious.

This new cinema is great, it's small with comfy ass recliner seats!

SPOILERS:

James Bond opening credits style.

Liked the callbacks to the original ESPECIALLY the X-Men showing up in the X Mansion this time round.

LOL at the mid credits scene as Deadpool kills faux Deadpool from X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Ryan Reynolds reading Green Lantern (2011) script. Best thing from the film.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, The Natural said:

SPOILERS:

Reveal hidden contents

James Bond opening credits style.

Liked the callbacks to the original ESPECIALLY the X-Men showing up in the X Mansion this time round.

LOL at the mid credits scene as Deadpool kills faux Deadpool from X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Ryan Reynolds reading Green Lantern (2011) script. Best thing from the film.

BASIC. INSTINCT!

• Like 1

Saw it last night and loved every bit of it. I think I might like the first one just a bit more, but I would probably say its about as good. That mid-credits scene was so damn hilarious.

• Like 1

We just watched Deadpool yesterday and yeah, without a doubt I like Deadpool 2 more. I just felt the sequel was funnier and all of the characters were better. Ajax/Francis was really boring. If anything, Deadpool has the edge for a uniquely paced story, but that's about it. For me anyway. YMMV.

There was nothing in Deadpool as funny as what happens after X-Force parachutes down to the city.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 9:12 AM, odessasteps said:

It may have been obvious but I loved the 

Hide contents

Guy who cant draw feet joke. 

I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks 

Spoiler

Rob Liefeld was also the driver that Domino was beating up at the time?

Surprised nobody else has mentioned this yet (spoiler):

the music that plays during Deadpool's death scene at the end is the same music that plays during Wolverine's death scene in "Logan"

• Like 2

This movie was so retarded and awesome.  Best post credit scenes ever.

I love how the franchise is becoming more like the concept of the comics that has a "serious" comic book story, yet makes fun of comic books in general.

I think things rely too much on Ryan Reynold's self depreciating humor, though.  You can only drag so many jokes out of the not so great movies from the X-Men franchise or your own missteps in your career.