DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

On 3/1/2018 at 10:17 AM, J.T. said:

There are reports that the New Mutants joint is going through a series of reshoots.  Some producers felt that the movie "wasn't scary enough" and it also looks like some scenes will be reblocked in order to insert another character.  No word if they're adding another member to the team or if it will be a cameo or something entirely different.

This is a lie. The real reason was to add two scenes of the kids watching the new version of Magnum PI, which required waiting until the pilot's done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, The Natural said:

The update at the end reeks of a certain Cheeto-looking motherfucker calling reports "Fake news"  I'm hoping Steven Weintraub is telling the truth.  If he isn't then that is some delusional bullshit.

I'll watch Deadpool 2 regardless, but if it turns out it stinks then this is going to be a tough one to watch.

• Like 1

I enjoy the character of Deadpool sometimes, from what I've read probably about 50% of the time. He is a tricky character to do right and one that will easily be off putting to people if done wrong. I worry that losing Miller as director has brought about bad Deadpool and bad Deadpool is at best eyerollingly stupid to me as a comic reader I have no idea how the general public would react to it. 

• Like 1

The best subtle joke in this is the repeat use of "All Out of Love" by Air Supply, calling back to Reynolds first big starring role in Van Wilder sixteen years ago now.

As someone who is constantly angry about the gluten-free fad, the gluten joke killed me. 

Otherwise this looked sort of fun and the good kind of stupid. Very much like a 90s comic but with the fuck word getting said more. So like Deadpool as an Image comic rather than a quasi parody of an Image comic.

Ok, I'm in.

I don't even like comic book movies all that much.  And I've never met a Deadpool comic book I didn't want to ignore (yes, that includes your run, Gail Simone.  Sorry.  Pretty much anything else you write is an automatic buy, though).

Donald Glover and FX have both parted ways with Marvel TV from the Deadpool animated series. It seemed like an awful lot for Glover to be doing at once. I don't know where else they take the show that would be a good fit (maybe Adult Swim or Comedy Central.) I guess it could end up on the Disney streaming service, but even if it has a parental control blocked section, it's hard to believe it would be the same show it would have been on FX. 

20 hours ago, (BP) said:

Donald Glover and FX have both parted ways with Marvel TV from the Deadpool animated series. It seemed like an awful lot for Glover to be doing at once. I don't know where else they take the show that would be a good fit (maybe Adult Swim or Comedy Central.) I guess it could end up on the Disney streaming service, but even if it has a parental control blocked section, it's hard to believe it would be the same show it would have been on FX. 

I totally forgot about this. It took awhile for Atlanta to get made in between everything surrounding Childish Gambino (recording and touring) and movies. I'm not sure how he fits in another TV show and stays sane. 

It's still weird to see this dude who was one of the funniest parts of Derrick Comedy videos is now having all of this success.