DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I've only seen him in The Strain which wasn't much to judge him on. If they do use Black Tom I hope we get Juggernaut as well.

I'm not sure that will be the case. 

The only Deadpool storyline I can remember Black Tom and Cable being a part of was the Black Box / Tolliver thing and I don't think that Juggernaut was involved with that. 

They may be retconning Black Tom to be a member of (or the leader of) the Executive Elite or maybe they will unveil Tolliver and Black Box later on.

Saw this at The Wrap this morning.

Gina Prince-Bythewood (Shots Fired) is in talks to direct “Silver and Black,” the second announced standalone film in Sony’s Marvel Universe. If the deal goes through, she would become first African-American woman to direct a movie based on Marvel characters.

The film will be based on the characters Silver Sable and Black Cat (aka Felicia Hardy), who are known for their connections with Spider-Man. Silver Sable is a mercenary who runs a company that hunts criminals. She hasn’t been introduced in a previous film.

Meanwhile, Hardy made her debut in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” played by Felicity Jones.

Prince-Bythewood recently directed the pilot for Marvel’s upcoming series “Cloak & Dagger” on Freeform. She also recently co-created the show “Shots Fired” on Fox with her husband Reggie Rock Bythewood. The show aired its season finale Wednesday.

Prince-Bythewood will also rewrite the script by Christopher Yost, who wrote the screenplay for “Thor: The Dark World.”

“Silver and Black” will follow Sony’s “Venom,” which has cast Tom Hardy in the lead role. It’s the latest push by the studio to create films based on characters in the Spider-Man universe. Neither will be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which is spearheaded by Marvel Entertainment and Disney.

Good on Gina.  Most likely she'll get her husband a gig on the movie, too.

I like Shots Fired so I am kinda stoked for this.

Too bad that Ava Duvernay has things going on and couldn't helm Black Panther otherwise she'd have been the first, but I'm good with Ryan Coogler in the chair for BP.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-24 at 2:39 PM, J.T. said:

I'm not sure that will be the case. 

The only Deadpool storyline I can remember Black Tom and Cable being a part of was the Black Box / Tolliver thing and I don't think that Juggernaut was involved with that. 

They may be retconning Black Tom to be a member of (or the leader of) the Executive Elite or maybe they will unveil Tolliver and Black Box later on.

Black Tom and Juggernaut were the villains in one of the two early 90s minis he got prior to his first ongoing iirc.

11 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Whoever wrote that article really wants to make Yost look bad.

Christopher Yost's only misstep. I'm a fan of his other works...Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Scarlet Spider, Avenging Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up and New Warriors. Yost writes the best Superior Spider-Man.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Christopher Yost's only misstep. I'm a fan of his other works...Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Scarlet Spider, Avenging Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up and New Warriors. Yost writes the best Superior Spider-Man.

Arguably not.

I sat down and watched Spider-Man 2 late last night after work.  It is still pretty fucking great.

If I were Peter, I'd have given up on Mary Jane and hooked up with Ursula.

It was also cool to relive the cameos of Raimi Spidey villains that never were like The Lizard and the Man-Wolf.

• Like 1

What happened in between 1 & 2 that made Kirsten Dunst stop wanting to perform well? Because by the time it got to 3, she could not have given less of a shit.

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

What happened in between 1 & 2 that made Kirsten Dunst stop wanting to perform well? Because by the time it got to 3, she could not have given less of a shit.

I think that she was beginning to overestimate her own pedigree.  Remember that this is the actress that wanted Sony to kill Mary Jane off so that she could get out of the franchise.

We saw how that worked out for her..

Here is the cast assembled so far for X-Men:  The New Mutants.

Anya Taylor-Joy ...     Illyana Rasputin / Magik
Rosario Dawson     ...     Dr. Cecilia Reyes (rumored)
Maisie Williams ...     Rahne Sinclair / Wolfsbane
Henry Zaga     ...     Sunspot / Roberto da Costa
Charlie Heaton     ...     Sam Guthrie / Cannonball
Blu Hunt     ...     Danielle Moonstar / Mirage

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Maisie is approx 5'1' and Kit is 5'8 if the stats at Healthy Celeb are current..

Sophie is listed as being 5'9" so she's actually taller than Kit.

I didn't realize Kit Harrington was so small. Turner is pretty clearly sitting in that photo.

• 2 weeks later...

So according to comicbook.com, McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence and Hoult, along with at least most of the kids from Apocalypse, are coming back for Dark Phoenix.

Rumored that Jessica Chastain will play Lilandra as well.