DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

Still not sure why they are so insistent on this when they have Marvel rebooting the series within the MCU and there being no set up at all for it. I don't even see how that can work well unless you go the Flash/Agent Venom route which I would love to see a few movies down the lines.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Venom spinoff movie announced by Sony Pictures, out next October 2018 directed by the guy who wrote the Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Sony Pictures going Sony Pictures again.

No director announced at this point. Initial report was in error.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/17/sony-venom-screenwriter-spider-man-director/

• Like 1

Finally saw Logan earlier tonight. It was well worth the wait. I don't really get emotional as many do during films so I never got dusty eyed or anything, but the feelings were still there somewhere within. Its best the Wolverine movie though I still think I prefer Days of Future Past for X-films and Deadpool for Fox's Marvel films.

• Like 2

On 17/03/2017 at 5:45 AM, The Natural said:

Venom spinoff movie announced by Sony Pictures, out next October 2018 directed by the guy who wrote the Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Sony Pictures going Sony Pictures again.

Add Black Cat and Silver Sable spinoffs.

When Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures came to a deal to share Spider-Man, I said three things. Welcome home Spider-Man, I wish Marvel Studios had sole rights and hoping Sony Pictures would leave Marvel Studios to run things. All three stand. Stupid Sony Pictures.

Weirdly enough that one bothers me less since both characters are older than Peter with their own lives before Spider-man. That could potentially work, especially with Yost on the script. Still wish they would wait a couple of films into MCU.

Legion continues to be awesome, but is wrong that what made me the happiest during tonight's episode was them fully acknowledging Plaza's character and story? I so wish they got Patrick Stewart to make a cameo in the show.

• Like 1

Feelings of deja vu to 2014 with plans for Sinister Six and Aunt bloody May flicks. I really like Christopher Yost for Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and he wrote Superior Spider-Man the best.

I'll try and catch up with Legion or when it goes to DVD like comic book shows usually do. I wasn't aware of the programme until here when it was halfway through on TV.

Michael Shannon is apparently the finalist to play Nate Summers.   

If they do not have Deadpool "breaking his neck" at some point during the movie... 

So we have Cable and Domino covered but no word on who the villain will be or who will be cast in that role.

I'm not sure if I want a serious villain like Taskmaster or an absurd villain like Hit Monkey.  Maybe both.

Holy fuck, that season finale of Legion was fucking bonkers.

Be sure to stick around for the mid-credit scene, too.

It goes without saying that Season 2 has already been greenlit and extra episodes have been ordered by FX.

• Like 2

Well,

Spoiler

The writers appear to be reserving the right to remain cryptic about certain things. 

Even the simple premises like Is David Really Crazy? are being left to open interpretation.

It leaves open grey areas like are his personalities a manifestation of his mutant ability or are they circuit breakers put in place by David himself (or maybe Professor X?) to keep his powers in check until he's able to fully control them?

Is Lenny real?  Is Faroukh real?

We won't get answers to those questions until Season 2 and maybe not even then.

My DVR screwed up and I had to wait for tonight to see Legion's finale, but fuck was that great. The wait for next season will be painful.

On the comments above.

Spoiler

While they like to be cryptic they started making certain things more obvious w/o outright stating it. Faroukh is real. Lenny and seemingly all of David's past close friends were forms of Faroukh. They showed and hinted he hadn't been just fucking with David's mind, but everyone close to him as well. Its why they would never noticed when he showed up. They actually did see him. He just made them immediately forget. Hence why everyone starts freaking out when they see him on cameras and realizing how much they fucked up when dealing with David.

They are definitely still keeping David's sanity a questionable thing which I love. In particular I liked David's comments to Syd before they put him in the machine. Even he is still uncertain because he really can't afford to be wrong, Faroukh or not.

• Like 1

Well, yeah.

Spoiler

My theories on David's mental issues are multi tiered:

• Faroukh is a real entity and is obviously tenderizing David's psyche so that he can fully assume control of David's mind and his powers (or has already done so).
  • David's personalities may be mental defenses.  Speed bumps on the road to keep Faroukh from accessing all of David's abilities at once. If this is the case then is this David's doing or someone else's?  Professor X, maybe?
  • David's personalities may also be his method of controlling his abilities until he's able to fine tune the use of his powers.
  • Or his personalities may be a direct manifestation of his mutant ability.
  • Does the fact that David having a fragmented mind mean that he's insane?  Maybe so, maybe no.
  • Is Lenny a construct of Farouk's designed to torment David, or is she a construct of David's that has been corrupted by Faroukh?  Is she evidence that Faroukh has been in David's mind the whole time?

38 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Well

Hide contents

Lenny was legit in the mental hospital at first, as she ended up stuck in a wall when David and Syd kissed the first time. After that I think it was just a construct. . . .

That's the part I'm unsure about, what was exactly real.

But I think we can credit the Dredd thing to Karl Urban being awesome and avid 2000 AD reader and saying that he wouldn't take the role if there were any scenes where Dredd took off his helmet.