DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

I had no idea what was going on but I loved every minute of Legion.  My jaw dropped for the interrogation (I guess?) room scene. Everyone brought it but Plaza,Stevens and Keller are a great trio at the forefront of the show.  Definitely lived up to the hype of all the reviews

• Like 1

I'm interested to find out if LEGION eventually reveals that The Devil with Yellow Eyes is the Shadow King, or if TDwYE will just be the show's nod to that character, much the same way Sydney isn't Rogue per se but has the same basic dilemma built into her powers.

Non-spoiler thoughts on Logan:

Good movie. Sort of like basically a Marvel Knights Wolverine story, or just a really dark AU/Elsewords future story for Wolverine. Mangold basically made a modern Western/1980s era Clint Eastwood mash-up. Hugh Jackman channeling his inner Clint Eastwood as well. IMHO not perfect, and not a game changer. I saw this as a very good swan song for Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. There are a couple things I didn't really like. Some vague details that didn't work for me. There's the return of a certain object I thought was dumb and wish it wasn't in there.

If I were to put this up against all the other movies in the X-Men franchise, would I say it's better than X-Men 2 or Deadpool? No. I would rate it 8 to 8.5 out of 10.

• Like 2

Hot damn, this episode of LEGION was the best since the pilot.  I liked learning more about Cary/Kerry and Ptonomy, and then Jermaine Clement just busts in and steals the show from his giant floating ice cube.

And Aubrey Plaza as the Shadow King....you know what, actually that's perfect.

• Like 2

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:25 PM, The Natural said:

Touch wood, I'll be seeing Logan when it opens tomorrow.

Right enjoyed Logan, it's different which helps the film but difficult to compare to other comic book movies for that reason. It's something watching the difference in Wolverine and Professor Xavier to previous X-Men entires. The last thing you see, wow.

I'd still have X2 as the top X-Men film and maybe Deadpool over Logan, that it's. The film is very violent and sweary too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I will have to wait until Sunday. :(

Hope it's worth the wait for you.

Logan (2017) joins a rare club, the third flim of a trilogy as the best entry. See: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) and The Bourne Ultimatum (2007).

BIG Logan spoilers:

Logan and Professor X dying, you care having seen the characters from the start to the shape they're in here. 

That shot of Laura turning Logan's cross where he's laid to rest is amazing. Like to know who came up with that.

The use of the comic book as a nod to the fans.

X-24 threw me for a few minutes as I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. On reflection I did as Lofan has fought himself before...well not a clone here.

The Westchester incident Xavier brings up before he's killed. With events in the film you can think Charles killed his X-Men or the Reavers. I imagine the former which is sad because of the bond with his students.

X-23 picked English up quickly and how she got the vehicle to take Wolvie to the doctors ; )

• Like 3