DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

I didn't realize how big the other thread was and the Fantastic Four trailer is enough of a reason to start the new thread. Again - this if for the stuff like the X-Men and Spiderman and Fantastic Four and the other stuff I am sure I am forgetting.

Commence bitching again

It looks alright. Certainly appears to be better than any other F4 movie that came before it.

With one of those predecessors being a Roger Corman movie, that is a low hurdle to leap.

Also as an aside - I am amused that Miles Teller went from being in nothing to like 43 movies in the last 3 years

My kid still identifies him as "that butthole Peter from Divergent."

As for FF, love the logo and will reserve final judgment on casting a black dude for the sake of casting black dudes until I watch the movie. 

I still remember my "Can Heath Ledger Be The Joker?" doubts I had so I am hopeful that Jordan will be awesome, but my move snobbery is supported by the fact that this ain't a Nolan movie.

Also as an aside - I am amused that Miles Teller went from being in nothing to like 43 movies in the last 3 years

As for FF, love the logo and will reserve final judgment on casting a black dude for the sake of casting black dudes until I watch the movie. 

I still remember my "Can Heath Ledger Be The Joker?" doubts I had so I am hopeful that Jordan will be awesome, but my move snobbery is supported by the fact that this ain't a Nolan movie.

Funny, this not being a Nolan movie is a positive in my book.

Although you'd never guess it wasn't a Nolan movie based on the trailer.

I guess that's the angle they've settled on to try and salvage this thing, because reports surrounding the production are that it's a disaster of epic proportions, which is why it has taken so long for them to start promoting it.

Oh, I don't want this to be a Nolan movie because the last thing the FF movie needs to be is dark and brooding, but I would like to be pleasantly surprised by the performances given by the casting choices.

I am intrigued by the false mechanic of making Johnny the adopted brother of Sue.  In the back of my head, I am going to meta, "They hired a black guy just to be hiring a black guy."  I will need some good dialogue to help me buy in.

Of course they had to go the same route as Scre4m and Tak3n and call the movie Fant4stic.

I actually think the trailer looks surprisingly decent. I'm not a fan of the FF being all grim and gritty, but overall I'm a little bit more optimistic now than I was before.

This looks like a disaster, but I say this as one of only 8 people who liked the last 2 FF movies.

I defy you to find seven* others.

*Cast, crew and family members thereof no included

He only needs six, I liked the last two FF movies. So did my son at the time, but he's older now, he might have gone off them. The Fantfourstic trailer is like a cross between the Man of Steel "Ape Nolan" style, and the Ant Man "Be Generic! Trick people into thinking it might be good before they know what it is, because everyone who knows what it is thinks it's going to be shit" style.

Someone had a good line saying it's a shame this was apparently made before GOTG showed superhero movies can be light and fun again.

Jesus..  Why must everything be the same?  GOTG isn't Batman. Batman isn't Spider-Man. They are all different characters with different personalities and different villains with different motives. Some will be darker than others.

With that said, This Fantastic Four movie looks like a huge piece of crap.

Oh, I don't want this to be a Nolan movie because the last thing the FF movie needs to be is dark and brooding, but I would like to be pleasantly surprised by the performances given by the casting choices.

I am intrigued by the false mechanic of making Johnny the adopted brother of Sue.  In the back of my head, I am going to meta, "They hired a black guy just to be hiring a black guy."  I will need some good dialogue to help me buy in.

I believe Sue is the one who is adopted and the older black guy in the trailer is their father.