DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Venom will premier on Starz! at the end of March. 

Talk about a quick trip from DVD to Premium Cable.  

That's not that bad. Other movies have hit cable faster. I constantly see stuff hit HBO weeks after I've rented it as a new release.

Wonky nature of the last few X-Movies seems the issue here. Your POV characters through these things have been Mystique and Beast and that plays out a bit in the trailer, but there's been next to no substance with Jean/Scott/Storm, etc. The movies have basically been about Magneto/Xavier/Logan. I don't feel at all attached to Sophie Turner's Jean. I'm not convinced anyone's going to see this in the theater unless they're hoping for some sort of MCU stinger at the end. 

• Like 2

Just now, Craig H said:

I didn't realize that the person who wrote the worst X-Men movie, X3, also wrote this. Like...WHY. Why the fuck would you hire them again?

That's a concern I've had with Simon Kinberg since the start. The other is that it''s Kinberg's directorial debut.

10 hours ago, Casey said:

If I'm being honest, this doesn't look all that bad. And I've actually liked all of the X-Men movies since First Class, so... Hey, count me in.

I'd have the X-Men film series as follows:

1. X2 (2003)

2. Logan (2017).

3. Deadpool (2016).

4. X-Men (2000).

5. X-Men: First Class (2011).

6. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014).

7. Deadpool 2 (2018).

8. The Wolverine (2013).

9. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006).

10. X-Men: Apocalypse (2016).

11. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009).

I watched the Pitch Meeting video for Days of Future Past and I certainly remember that movie being awesome, but that video, while hilarious, made me rethink if that's actually a good movie.