DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm kind of surprised the movie is doing so well since no one seems to think its anything great.

It's a fucking terrible movie with an unbelievably hilarious performance that lifts it into being one of the most fun movies I've seen in recent years. It's hard to imagine them recapturing this magic.

• Like 1

Watched Venom earlier today. Decent first 2/3rds, but that 3rd Act was horrible. Basically, from the point where Venom is "extracted" from Eddie to the end, just bad. Not like the first 2/3rds was amazing or anything, but it's like somebody else took over for that last act and forgot to check with whomever made the movie up to that point. 

I did, however, absolutely love the preview of Spider-Man Multiverse at the very end, and I'm 100% on board with that

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:41 PM, The Unholy Dragon said:

Finally saw Venom and the reports of it being an amazing accidental comedy pan out. My wife and I were both in hysterics over some of the ridiculous action beats and Eddie/Venom interplay.  The lobster scene had me in tears. Not a great movie or anything but a great time.

Venom will be like Spawn and be one of those shit movies with a fucking banging soundtrack.

Exhibit One:

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:27 AM, The Natural said:

The PG-13 version will make me sad because the Juggernaut Theme will be edited into oblivion.

Once the audience in my showing realized what the chorus was, they exploded in applause and laughter.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Is this the thread were we get hyped for Into the Spider-Verse? Cause it's got 20 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. 20 Fresh. 

EDIT: Make it 32 for 32.

100% after 38 reviews now. I might be seeing Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse on release now.

Reviewers are saying Spider Verse is the best movie of the year bar none.  I think we may have ther Marvel equivalent to Batman:  Mask of the Phantasm or BB:  Return of the Joker.

Now I am the one that is starting to get excited.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, J.T. said:

Reviewers are saying Spider Verse is the best movie of the year bar none.  I think we may have ther Marvel equivalent to Batman:  Mask of the Phantasm or BB:  Return of the Joker.

Now I am the one that is starting to get excited.

Love Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993). Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker uncut version (2000) is great as well.

1. B: MOTP. 

2. BB: ROTJ. 

3. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and 2 (2012-2013).

4. Batman: Under the Red Hood (2010).

5. Teen Titans Go! To The Movies (2018).

• Like 1

While there have been tons of fun stuff in the reviews, my favorite was Screen Junkies Dan Murrell actively ASKING there fanbase to go watch the movie in theatres because this movie needs to succeed because they need to make more.

Of course that was followed by confirmation that they do have a Miles based sequal and an all female team follow up already being rushed into development. It takes something special for a risky movie like this to have not 1 but 2 follow up movies confirmed 3 weeks before the movie comes out.