DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

3 hours ago, EVA said:

Oh goodie, the villain is going to be a slightly grayer version of Venom, thus rendering all their fight scenes completely hideous and incomprehensible.

Ah yes, we call that "The Transformers method"

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I'm sorry for reneging on my promise.

VENOM looks like SPAWN without John Leguizamo to save it.  It READS like a 90s movie, and that is super impressive, if that's what they were going for.  We kept waiting for Lose yourself by Eminem to start playing during the trailer.

• Haha 1

Might not be finished. See how video games sometimes look less good on release than in the trailers? Movies don't do that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched Deadpool 2 last night.  First hour was decent, really dug the 2nd hour.  Great action scenes and a great version of the mystery villain in the box.  

Wasn't sure how to react to the jump scene.  Laugh?  Be horrified?  Angry that Shatterstar got offed so shabbily?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 11:45 AM, Player One said:

Watched Deadpool 2 last night.  First hour was decent, really dug the 2nd hour.  Great action scenes and a great version of the mystery villain in the box.  

Wasn't sure how to react to the jump scene.  Laugh?  Be horrified?  Angry that Shatterstar got offed so shabbily?

Shatterstar's a dick anyway. 

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:27 PM, Casey said:

Venom is going to be PG13. Goddamnit.

Sony wanted to have the option of using Spider Man in a possible sequel,, hence the rating of PG-13.

How they intend to re-incorporate Spidey into the Venom mythology after completely divorcing him from Venom's origin escapes me.

I suppose Sony could do that, but they'd just shoot themselves in the foot with the sweetheart deal they have with Disney. This is why Kevin Feige was like, "you are crazy" when what's her name from Sony was talking about how Spidey could be in the Venom movie.

Also, the movie looks like shit and might bomb so I doubt there will be any chance of Spidey happening in this version of Venom.

Did you not read everyone talking about how he might be in the sequel? We know he's not in this one. Besides the fact that he crumbled into ash a few months ago.