DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:15 AM, Eivion said:

So you didn't like Kelly's run, Nicieza's Cable/Deadpool, or Remender's Uncanny X-Force?

OK, I forgot about Remender's Uncanny X-Force run.  Liked that quite a bit.

No to the others.  Not my thing.

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Gerry Duggan/Brian Posenh's Deadpool run.

Was trying for the more semi-serious stuff first.

2 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

OK, I forgot about Remender's Uncanny X-Force run.  Liked that quite a bit.

No to the others.  Not my thing.

Interesting considering Remender's Deadpool pulls more from those versions than any other. Then again for all I know he was your least favorite in Remender's run.

• Like 1

DARK PHOENIX has been pushed from November to Valentine's Day next year.  NEW MUTANTS bumped *again* from February to August 2019.

By the time its released, all the new mutants will be about 45.

• Like 1

Damn it I want to see New Mutants, I'm not interested in a condensed movie version of Dark Phoenix so push that back all you want but I am interested in what they've shown of New Mutants so far. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't give a crap about seeing Dark Phoenix mishandled yet again, but I am on board for Horror MCU so they need to get New Mutants and Shadowcat 143 into a theater as soon as possible.

On 4/6/2018 at 8:54 PM, Log said:

God, I love Legion.  So wonderfully weird.  

I don't love it, but it's gone down easy these last couple weeks. Probably an all-time great example of style over substance. But wow, what style. Avant-garde is where more TV needs to live. 

Literally the only show with the name Marvel attached to it that I can stand to watch. 

Also, I may be wrong, but David accepting future Syd's account of events at face value seems like a big, obvious hero blunder. 

Loved episode 2, especially David's meeting with Farouk.

44 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Also, I may be wrong, but David accepting future Syd's account of events at face value seems like a big, obvious hero blunder. 

It is but Syd is one of the few people he trusts in general. Its not like he doesn't question it at all. You can tell he is uncertain.