DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

Isn't it a bit arse-about-tit to be doing a Venom movie without doing the black costume saga first? Why would Spider-Man accept the black costume if he already knew it was evil?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Brian Bendis is writing the Kitty Pryde movie. Brian Bendis basically has the ability to write dialogue for one character. Fortunately, that character is Kitty Pryde.

Tim Miller (Deadpool) is going to direct it.

The code name for the movie is 143

X_143_92b.jpg

which has led most movie nerds to wildly speculate that if this ends up being a movie based on X-Men 143, this may be the second entry in the X-Men Horror franchise that kicks off with the New Mutants "Demon Bear" movie that comes out next February.

Newly done marking Black Panther's release. Posting this to go with the rated R Deadpool (2016), Logan (2017) and Deadpool 2 (2018) talk here.

Really like Blade (1998) and Blade II (2002). Blade: Trinity (2004) is shit. Years ago I bought the DVD box set collecting Blade/Blade II rather than the one collecting the trilogy.

The best thing about Blade: Trinity are the stories about Snipes being an unprofessional ass.

I don't pay much attention to Patton Oswalt, but his Blade stories are great.  

The stories about Snipes only talking to director David Goyer.via post-it notes -  and signing the notes "Blade" because he had gotten paranoid and thought Goyer wanted to replace him - are worth the price of admission, so to speak.

Admittedly, I'd at least give some thought to sitting in my trailer and smoking a metric ton of pot if I'd signed up to work with Guillermo del Toro and discovered I was going to have to work with David Goyer instead.

• Like 1

There are reports that the New Mutants joint is going through a series of reshoots.  Some producers felt that the movie "wasn't scary enough" and it also looks like some scenes will be reblocked in order to insert another character.  No word if they're adding another member to the team or if it will be a cameo or something entirely different.

the_new_mutants_reshoots_new_character.jpg?itok=JNGqz7Ta

Why does the guy playing Cannonball look as if he should be pumping gas at a service station?  He also looks like he's significantly older than the rest of the team.

25 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Why does the guy playing Cannonball look as if he should be pumping gas at a service station?  He also looks like he's significantly older than the rest of the team.

Cannonball's supposed to be a redneck, isn't he? That guy looks pretty redneck. No idea on the age thing.

4 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Cannonball's supposed to be a redneck, isn't he? That guy looks pretty redneck. No idea on the age thing.

Yeah, Sam's from Kentucky, but I thought he was more hillbilly than redneck.

Hillbilly:  The Real Story told me there was a difference between the two.

On 3/1/2018 at 12:34 PM, J.T. said:

No, but it is narrated by Billy Ray Cyrus.

Haven't rednecks and hillbillies suffered enough?

When we first moved to West Virginia (Morgantown, where West Virginia University is located), my NYC-born wife revealed that she thought the rednecks were hillbillys  who lived in a flat state. 

Lol. I wish I were making that up.

• 2 weeks later...