DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

It’s based off Lethal Protector and Planet of the Symbiotes.

Riz Ahmed is most likely going to be Carnage, and Woody Harrelson is in talks to join the movie too. Although he might make a good, crazy Cletus Kasady, in my opinion. But those two storylines leave open the possibility for multiple symbiote villains, so who knows.

I thought I read somewhere that this Venom is being based off Agent Venom/Flash Thompson, too - which goes against those two story arcs from the comics since they feature Eddie Brock’s Venom. But that new animated Spider-Man movie is introducing the multiverse (to the Sony “universe”) so I guess they can take creative liberties with it. Eager to see what they do, if anything, about Spider-Man in this movie. I’m almost positive they’ll have their own version since it’s a standalone film and the multiverse theory is in play.

CCXP17 = Comic Con Experience 2017.

It's in Sao Paolo, Brazil and it started on the 10th, so there's probably an official trailer for Venom coming this weekend at the event.

The event kicked off with Will Smith putting in an appearance to shill Bright.

16 hours ago, Craig H said:

Greenlight? It's been in production. Tom Hardy is starring as Venom.

News to me.  I don't pay a whole lot of attention to news about forthcoming movies.  I vaguely remember them talking about Sinister Six and Venom spinoffs, but figured they got scrubbed the Garfield Spidey franchise didn't live up to expectations.

20 hours ago, Casey said:

It’s based off Lethal Protector and Planet of the Symbiotes.

Riz Ahmed is most likely going to be Carnage, and Woody Harrelson is in talks to join the movie too. Although he might make a good, crazy Cletus Kasady, in my opinion. But those two storylines leave open the possibility for multiple symbiote villains, so who knows.

I thought I read somewhere that this Venom is being based off Agent Venom/Flash Thompson, too - which goes against those two story arcs from the comics since they feature Eddie Brock’s Venom. But that new animated Spider-Man movie is introducing the multiverse (to the Sony “universe”) so I guess they can take creative liberties with it. Eager to see what they do, if anything, about Spider-Man in this movie. I’m almost positive they’ll have their own version since it’s a standalone film and the multiverse theory is in play.

Going with Agent Venom on some level is smart though I still wish it was Flash if that's the case. Not read either of the stories its based on, but the use of Carnage really makes me wish they went with the recent comic where Brock and co. were hunting him down. That had some nice horror elements to it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, twiztor said:

jut there's obviously money to be made. get your shit together, Fox.

Is there really that much of an audience for a Gambit movie?  Not doubting you (much), but I had no idea.  I didn't think Gambit was still a popular character.

2 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Is there really that much of an audience for a Gambit movie?  Not doubting you (much), but I had no idea.  I didn't think Gambit was still a popular character.

People who don't read comics and were fans of the 90's cartoon probably still like him. I guess.

2 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I didn't like Gambit back when he was "cool", and reading his dialogue is a pain. 

• Like 1

Yeah, all the way to next February. They are avoiding Untitled Deadpool Sequel and doing reshoots to make it "scarier" reportedly.

Principle wrapped all the way back in September so it's gonna be a long damn time that it sits.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

i guess i'm just assuming. there's been talks and news of this movie for what feels like a decade at this point. sure, mostly the news is stuff like "director pulled out" and "negotiations with actor hit a snag", but it always seems like the film is highly anticipated.