DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

1 hour ago, steve said:

Hm. I wonder if they'll make any references to his role in the MCU.

About as much as there are with Chris Evans as Cap and Johnny Storm.

Although a similar objection has been raised:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Fox Pictures has announced that they are casting up for the X-Men franchise spin-off; The New Mutants.

Anya Taylor-Joy (The Witch, Split) and Maisie mother fucking Williams (GoT) have signed on.

No word on who they will play, whether or not this builds on the Logan timeline, or who the bad guys or the rest of the team will be.

Josh Boone will be handling the writing (assisted by his longtime collaborator, Knate Lee) and directing duties.  He'll be busy since IIRC he's also working on a heavier adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Like the character, actor and director but Sony Pictures going Sony Pictures again. This is why I wanted Marvel Studios to have all the Spider-Man rights and Sony Pictures letting Marvel Studios run the ship.

On 5/12/2017 at 9:37 AM, J.T. said:

Fox Pictures has announced that they are casting up for the X-Men franchise spin-off; The New Mutants.

Anya Taylor-Joy (The Witch, Split) and Maisie mother fucking Williams (GoT) have signed on.

No word on who they will play, whether or not this builds on the Logan timeline, or who the bad guys or the rest of the team will be.

Josh Boone will be handling the writing (assisted by his longtime collaborator, Knate Lee) and directing duties.  He'll be busy since IIRC he's also working on a heavier adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand.

Last week, I saw a trailer for some new Fox show called "The Gifted" and assumed that was the New Mutants spin-off.

Is the Gifted set in the X-Men universe?  I thought they referenced a few X-characters.

I have seen the trailer for The Gifted. 

If it weren't for the appearance of Stephen Moyer (turned in a force of nature performance in Season One of the Fox series, Shots Fired, but his character was killed off) and Amy Acker (late of Person of Interest), I'd swear it was fan made.

Hopefully it will have a compelling story because production value doesn't appear to be a priority.

Just saw this at iMDB via Deadline and Variety.

20th Century Fox has set Jack Kesy to play a major villain in Deadpool 2.

While insiders said it isn’t entirely clear which baddie he will play, sources have pinpointed a character called Black Tom. In the comics, he is a nemesis in the X-Men universe, a Dublin-born mutant who can manipulate, bond with, and project energy through plant life. He is also capable of issuing concussive blasts with a wooden object, usually a shillelagh.

The David Leitch-directed Deadpool 2 is set for release June 1, 2018, with Ryan Reynolds reprising his role as the Merc with the Mouth, and hopes are high after the original grossed $783 million to become the highest-ever-grossing R-rated film worldwide. Josh Brolin has already been set to play the principal character, Cable. Morena Baccarin is back as Deadpool’s love interest Vanessa, Leslie Uggams as Blind Al, Stefan Kapacic as the metallic Colossus, and Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead, perhaps the coolest sounding superhero in the Marvel universe.

Kesy might be best known for playing Gabriel Bollivar in the TV series The Strain, a goth rock star who was one of the early plane passengers infected with the virus that turned them into vampires. He was plenty creepy.

He will next be seen in Baywatch, opening for Memorial Day weekend, and the Nicolai Fuglsig-directed ensemble of Horse Soldiers, which stars Chris Hemsworth, Michael Shannon and Michael Pena.

Paradigm, Luber Roklin and attorney Dave Fleming are his reps.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

And poor guy.  He's in the Baywatch movie...I guess paychecks have to come from somewhere.