DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

Like they said at the end of the article, considering how much they had to cut it's impressive how well it did.  While all that would have been nice to see, I wasn't exactly missing it either as the fun was still a blast to watch.

Funniest gag for me was unicorn scene in the credits. Legit LOL. then i immediately thought of New Day.

For a minute, i thought that was Nichelle Nichols. But then realized I'd have heard about it by now. Still funny it was Leslie Uggams.

I'd be shocked if Deadpool isn't in the next Wolverine.  They could put Deadpool in the X-Men movies and make it work.  You saw that with what they did with Colossus.  He wasn't all of a sudden swearing up a storm.  What you could do to keep the PG-13 is have Deadpool clean it up a little bit and then release two versions on Blu Ray a more family friendly version and an Unrated version.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/02/22/wolverine-3-to-follow-old-man-logan-storyline/

Rumors are re-surfacing again that Wolverine 3 is gonna be Old Man Logan. If that's the case:

1. Disregard what I said before about not needing Wolverine to be Rated R, Old Man Logan has to be.

2. I'd be very excited. I love Old Man Logan.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/02/22/wolverine-3-to-follow-old-man-logan-storyline/

Rumors are re-surfacing again that Wolverine 3 is gonna be Old Man Logan. If that's the case:

1. Disregard what I said before about not needing Wolverine to be Rated R, Old Man Logan has to be.

2. I'd be very excited. I love Old Man Logan.

Yeah this feels like complete bullshit as way too much of that story is tied into the marvel universe outside of X-men.

Oh, people always say that. But the "Age of Ultron" comic had almost nothing to do with the Age of Ultron movie other than Ultron being there.

Civil War looks like it's gonna have very little to do with the Civil War comic other than heroes fighting each other.

Days of Future Past was very different from the comic.

All it means is the premise of the book being in the future after the heroes fell and Wolverine being old is the starting point. Everything else, they can do their own thing.

They'd have to change Old Man Logan a LOT more than every other big-name storyline they've adapted. Disney owns the rights to every single main character in that book besides Wolverine himself. And they'd have to tack on a ret-conny ending to make it explicitly clear that this is NOT the canon ending to the X-men franchise, Fox would never allow "and then Wolverine murdered every single one of his teammates" to stay as the official story of what happened.

Bryan Singer is so pissed right now. The architect of the X-Men franchise now sits behind Brett Ratner AND some dude named Tim at the box office.

I didn't wanna believe that was true, until I looked it up: you're absolutely right, X-men 3: The Last Stand is still the main franchise's champion at the box office.

How. The FUCK. Did that happen?!

I mean, it is without any doubt, the undisputed worst movie in the entire main series of X-films. (The only question is whether Wolverine Origins is worse, but I'd argue X3 sucked harder.) Yet somehow it's got the highest domestic gross, both in contemporary dollars and adjusted for inflation. Admittedly, over half of that was in its gargantuan opening weekend; but still, word of mouth and repeat viewings were not-terrible-enough to warrant it making another hundred million dollars in subsequent weeks.

X-Men tryhards love to believe that Last Stand was a bomb, but it made a shit ton of money.  Fox did not sell the license back to Disney because they found out that even X-Men movies with mixed reviews could be profitable even if fans hated it.

Even so, Fox did not want to tempt fate and have any future X-Men related projects bomb due to backlash from Last Stand, so they went back to the drawing board and the result was First Class; an out and out apology if ever there was one.