DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

Keep the real heroes together and keep the feel and address some of the limitations the budget imposed on the first movie (so-so action, a largely unknown cast, minimal involvement of the X-Men, and I don't see a reason not to be positive.

You mean

the writers?

Saw it on Sunday.  Loved it from start to finish.  I loved the intimacy of focusing on one character and not feeling the need (or having the budget) to have as many characters as humanly possible be in this.   

I only wish:

If they could have gotten Hugh to do a cameo as Wolverine, just have him open the door at the mansion, look at Deadpool, and have him say "Oh hell no, not again", close the door, and never be seen again.

As it is, "It's like we didn't have enough money to get any other X-men" was just terrific.

• Like 2

Keep the real heroes together and keep the feel and address some of the limitations the budget imposed on the first movie (so-so action, a largely unknown cast, minimal involvement of the X-Men, and I don't see a reason not to be positive.

You mean

the writers?

Saw it on Sunday.  Loved it from start to finish.  I loved the intimacy of focusing on one character and not feeling the need (or having the budget) to have as many characters as humanly possible be in this.   

I only wish:

If they could have gotten Hugh to do a cameo as Wolverine, just have him open the door at the mansion, look at Deadpool, and have him say "Oh hell no, not again", close the door, and never be seen again.

As it is, "It's like we didn't have enough money to get any other X-men" was just terrific.

I like that cameo idea...

Use it for the sequel. You then get the Wolverine/Deadpool interaction even with Jackman saying the next Wolverine solo film is his last. Wolverine's cameo in X-Men: First Class is still one of the best Wolvie moments in the X-Men series.

I absolutely mean that.

Co-signed on keeping the team together. When reading two Deadpool articles in Total Film, I found out the writers wrote Zombieland too. Talented.

Stephen Lang has started a Twitter campaign to throw his hat in the ring for the role of Cable.

Liefield says that he'd pick Jon Hamm if it we're his choice.

I am choosing to ignore the Kevin Nash stuff.

So with Cable confirmed for the sequel, and Reynolds talking openly about getting X-Force off the ground, I feel like they should just make the Deadpool movies the unofficial "Liefeldverse." Restrict it to characters created by Liefeld, keep it cordoned off in its own continuity, and keep the dream of the 90's alive, in all it's bepouched, long-legged, impossibly muscled glory.

KeiraCable.jpg?fit=700%2C%209999&crop=0%

Someone had to do it I guess.

Keira would be brave casting but fans would set cities on fire.  That and Deadpool is the rare superhero movie that has gotten a lot of the comic booky things right and still managed to make a huge profit.  I don't know if Deadpool 2 needs to go the experimental way of organic web shooters and green glowing Dr. Dooms.

Having just finally seen the movie myself: while I liked it a lot, it did already do some "piss on the comics" lost-in-adaptation meddling with the source material. Copycat, Angel Dust, and Negasonic were all HEAVILY modified from their comic-book versions, to the point where they might as well have been completely new characters with completely different names.

Having just finally seen the movie myself: while I liked it a lot, it did already do some "piss on the comics" lost-in-adaptation meddling with the source material. Copycat, Angel Dust, and Negasonic were all HEAVILY modified from their comic-book versions, to the point where they might as well have been completely new characters with completely different names.

Staying-Positive-in-the-Midst-of-Negativ

• Like 5