DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

If you've seen the X-Men: Days of Future Past theatrical version and the Rogue Cut, which do you prefer? Is the latter worth buying? I haven't seen the film since leaving the screening at the cinema. Been meaning to watch X-Men, X2, X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past again so I can rank them.

When I watched the "Rogue Cut" I barely even noticed any differences. They're still fundamentally the same movie, it's not like theatrical/director's cut difference in Blade Runner or Once Upon a Time in America that we're talking about here. If you're just gonna pick one, you might as well go with Rogue, it's got a little more dialogue in slower character moments and a couple of brief restored moments that were censored for PG-13 in the original. Also, the RC bluray is supposed to have an all-new set of special features, if that's your bag.

Only half? I'm intrigued.

The dark, hidden mysterious past, the superficial and blindly obvious attempt to make him "the next Wolverine", the never going anywhere drama with Rogue, and that fucking accent. Good fucking Christ just put him in Apocalypse, kill him in the first fucking scene, and move the fuck on.

• Like 2

I prefer the Rogue Cut. But the blu ray comes with both cuts if you get the Rogue one.

When I watched the "Rogue Cut" I barely even noticed any differences. They're still fundamentally the same movie, it's not like theatrical/director's cut difference in Blade Runner or Once Upon a Time in America that we're talking about here. If you're just gonna pick one, you might as well go with Rogue, it's got a little more dialogue in slower character moments and a couple of brief restored moments that were censored for PG-13 in the original. Also, the RC bluray is supposed to have an all-new set of special features, if that's your bag.

Cheers guys. Not on Blu-ray yet. I miss the days when DVD's had great special features on them, Always liked behind the scenes looks.

Cancel Gambit please.

Gambit going away is ALWAYS a good thing.

Onh, petit cherie, mon amie, why you gon' say dat, honh?

Right there is at least half the reason

Only half? I'm intrigued.

The dark, hidden mysterious past, the superficial and blindly obvious attempt to make him "the next Wolverine", the never going anywhere drama with Rogue, and that fucking accent. Good fucking Christ just put him in Apocalypse, kill him in the first fucking scene, and move the fuck on.

Brian's hatred of Gambit always makes me smile.

See, Apocalypse looks fine in those other photos. I just can't fathom who thought the Ivan Ooze look would be our best intro to him.

He's barely taller than Olivia Munn. I don't have a problem with the look of the character, personally - he just doesn't look physically imposing. Comparing it to the MCU, he should be the size of The Hulk atleast. The design looks fine, I don't like the face, but that's whatever. I hate to sound like Kevin Nash, but he's just not big enough.

• Like 1