DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

Apocalypse still looks so tiny compared to what he should be, damnit! I thought it was just unfinished footage at Comic-Con, but apparently he's just going to be average build and height. That's disappointing, Apocalypse should be monstrous compared to the other mutants.

• Like 1

Apocalypse still looks so tiny compared to what he should be, damnit! I thought it was just unfinished footage at Comic-Con, but apparently he's just going to be average build and height. That's disappointing, Apocalypse should be monstrous compared to the other mutants.

He can change size though which I hope is an ability they will give him.

That is my problem as well. Apocalypse was generally running around 7-9 ft. tall on average. Not sure why they chose to go small here, but it takes away the imposing presence. Hopefully they have appear taller in the actual film.

I should revisit Watchmen ultimate extended whatever it was called and Daredevil also.

Oof.  The "director's cut" already felt overlong and mostly unnecessary compared to the initial version, which I liked.  I can't imagine how interminable it would be intercut with the Black Freighter stuff.

P.S. Apocalypse looks laughable.  Holy crap.

I'll probably pass unless the movie has a cameo by a really nondescript cloud.  That could sell it for me.

I will be good if a certain bat-winged cosmic force wielding individual is the ruler of this trans-dimensional space discovered in the movie.

• Like 1

I should revisit Watchmen ultimate extended whatever it was called and Daredevil also.

Oof.  The "director's cut" already felt overlong and mostly unnecessary compared to the initial version, which I liked.  I can't imagine how interminable it would be intercut with the Black Freighter stuff.

He looks like the love child of Herman Munster and Ivan Ooze from the Power Rangers kid show.

ew-cover-1373-xmen-144660.jpg

I told 'em to cast The Rock but no one listened.

The blah points are canceled out for the cool points earned by Olivia Munn looking totally badass as Psylocke and Fassbender being totally pimp as Magneto.

I went into First Class (Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw is your mutant supervillain Personal Jesus) and DoFP (How awesome is Peter Maximoff?  THIS MUCH AWESOME~!) with low expectations and left happy so we will reserve judgment.

I cannot take Olivia Munn seriously after watching Attack of the Show. She'll never be bad ass in my eyes.

Uh, yeah. 

Mad respect to the possible future Mrs. Rodgers for the beast sword training.

He looks like the love child of Herman Munster and Ivan Ooze from the Power Rangers kid show.

So why are the X-Men fighting Ivan Ooze?

I thought I was making an original joke but I wasn't.  Other geeks have made the same observation.

• Like 1