DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

Various websites are saying that a casting notice for Deadpool makes it sound like Blind Al will be in. (Also, TJ Miller of Silicon Valley will be Weasel, which doesn't quite work for me.) This makes me think it's a huge shame that Bea Arthur has died, because as much as I never liked Nicieza's running gag about Wade having a crush on Arthur, she would have CRUSHED that role and added extra meta WTF to boot.

Various websites are saying that a casting notice for Deadpool makes it sound like Blind Al will be in. (Also, TJ Miller of Silicon Valley will be Weasel, which doesn't quite work for me.) This makes me think it's a huge shame that Bea Arthur has died, because as much as I never liked Nicieza's running gag about Wade having a crush on Arthur, she would have CRUSHED that role and added extra meta WTF to boot.

Couln't you replace her with Betty White?

Jennifer Lawrence announced in a recent interview that X-Men: Apocalypse will be her last X-Men movie.

Well, we'll see. Lawrence/McAvoy/Fassbender/Hoult only signed for 3 films, so technically this is everybody's last X-Men movie...until they negotiate new deals.

That said, if I was the biggest female star in Hollywood, it would take an absurd amount of money to get me back in that makeup chair for hours a day when I could literally pick and choose anything else I wanted to do.

Grant Gustin (TV's Barry Allen) has the whole Peter Parker thing down on THE FLASH, cast him as Spidey!

Damn. I was waiting until the Spidey casting rumors were in full swing before posting this exact same thing. Yeah, when I watch Flash I can't get over how Tobey/Peter Parker-esque that guy is. Not only would Gustin be perfect for the role, since DC is too dumb to see their TV actors are better than the clowns they put in horrible movies the irony of him starring in a blockbuster for the MU would be too sweet.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Jennifer Lawrence feels like she's made enough money from The Hunger Games movies as well as these X-films to step away from blockbuster type stuff for a bit and focus more on smaller films.

Yeah. They were going to break her out of prison and use her power to tag in for Kitty after she was wounded by Wolverine.

They quickly realized that was a pretty needless complication that also diffused the ticking clock of whether or not they could complete the mission before Kitty succumbed.

• Like 1

Yeah. They were going to break her out of prison and use her power to tag in for Kitty after she was wounded by Wolverine.

They quickly realized that was a pretty needless complication that also diffused the ticking clock of whether or not they could complete the mission before Kitty succumbed.

As well as the Bobby/Kitty/Rogue love triangle not needing to be in the movie.

THE WAIT IS OVER: Jubilee has been cast.

It's...somebody who's only acting credit on IMDB is this movie.

I mean...Jubilee was actually in and named in the second movie.  I realize the entire history of those movies has been wiped out, but wouldn't she have to be like a toddler at this point?  

This Jubilee thing has been making the rounds online, I mean are we supposed to care she's in the film?  Will she actually have a major role this time?

I think she was in the first movie (which came out in 2000, and was set in the "near future") and she was definitely in the second movie (which came out in 2003 and was presumably still somewhere in the near future) as a teenager and high school student, so her being alive in the 80's is a bit of a stretch unless you just ignore that completely.

On the other hand, she's, like, the 4th or 5th best teen girl quasi-Logan sidekick from the X-verse, so, really, who cares?

The weird thing about the Deadpool movie, as we've seen it presented so far with casting and what not, is that it's very focused on the 90s supporting cast and take and not the wildly more successful last ten years of the character.