DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

Sue/Johnny being adopted answers the never asked question about why they develop different powers.  Johnny being a hothead, and having the only black person on the team constantly engulfed in flames seems a tad racially/historically insensitive.

I feel like Michael B. Jordan's casting has more to do with the fact that he 1) is awesome, and 2) previously worked with Josh Trank on CHRONICLE, and Trank wanted this awesome actor that he already had a relationship with in his first big studio movie than any kind of tokenism.

Johnny is probably the best FF character to change his race, honestly. Your other options are making the black guy a grotesque monster or a guy who's power is to stretch parts of his body to absurd lengths. Even if you gender swap the Storm kids and make him the Invisible Boy, you're treading on some deep Ralph Ellison shit.

• Like 1

Oh god no. The ruining of Doom was the worst part of the movies, and that's a difficult thing to pull off.

Compared to the new movie, Julian McMahon's Doom is going to seem perfect. Although I am biased, I thought Julian McMahon was great because he played him like his character on Nip/Tuck.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like they are going for a cheap b-movie cast for the film. If this film even gets a big theatrical release, I will be surprised.  Based on what Reynolds said, the budget for the film is tiny.  

There is a reason other than Fast 6 most of her credits are Wal-Mart bargain bin fests.