DVDVR Message Board

Broomstick Matches/One hit wonders

Kuetsar

Doesn't really count since, five out of six were wrestlers, but I always enjoyed Piper/Flair/Kevin Greene vs the Outsiders. Perfectly acceptable match where Greene did not look out of place.

Greene was actually a pretty passable wrestler overall. I remember he had a decent match with The Giant at Bash at the Beach 1998 and his match with Mongo wasn't awful. I always thought he would've made a good power wrestler if he'd have stuck with it full-time. He was way better than Mongo.

Goofy psycho tag-team Orton and Ambrose could actually work pretty well.

Yeah Im gonna need to see this. Randy educating young Dean on how to properly defile someone's luggage and Dean introducing Randy to the world of hobo knife fights. It practically writes itself.

Pretty sure Randy's been in a few hobo knife fights in his life

Otunga was/is generally a bit under-rated, Not a natural wrestler, but natural heel. And if you can bump and feed, and stomp - the rest is icing really.

I agree with you he is a natural heel, They had something with the lawyer thing the bowties and coffee mugs. I always thought he'd be great in a Powers of Pain type monster team with like Ezekiel Jackson or Mason Ryan but I digress. 

• Like 1

Yumanga destroying the Jackass jagoffs always make me smile.

Was it Umaga or Rosey that straight up murdered one of the HLA girls?

Umaga laid them both out.  Superkick to Looney Lane, Samoan drop to Savvy, and then a splash on both.

Otunga was/is generally a bit under-rated, Not a natural wrestler, but natural heel. And if you can bump and feed, and stomp - the rest is icing really.

I agree with you he is a natural heel, They had something with the lawyer thing the bowties and coffee mugs. I always thought he'd be great in a Powers of Pain type monster team with like Ezekiel Jackson or Mason Ryan but I digress. 

I still think Otunga should be the Jimmy Hart to Heyman's Bobby Heenan.  He is a natural heel, he can talk, and he can take bumps for the babyfaces.  Why the hell are they paying him to do nothing when they could pair him with a couple of midcard heels and see if he can help them get over.

I didn't know Otunga can cut good promos. I knew he always looked like he wante to go cry in a corner and had mental cue cards.. But then again, not fucking up lines makes for a good promo these days for whatever reason.

Goofy psycho tag-team Orton and Ambrose could actually work pretty well.

Yeah Im gonna need to see this. Randy educating young Dean on how to properly defile someone's luggage and Dean introducing Randy to the world of hobo knife fights. It practically writes itself.

Pretty sure Randy's been in a few hobo knife fights in his life

Perhaps but does Randy know what a murder boner is?

Sadly (for me),a lot of you guys have watched way more pre-NWO WCW than I have. 

For me, WCW ended when Hogan came in. I watched it, but it needs another name. . . 

I watched the least amount of wrestling I ever have from around Hogan's WCW debut to the beginning of 1996. As someone who grew up on JCP, I just couldn't be bothered with watching Hogan legdropping Brutus Beefcake in main events, Vader being made to look weak and Flair being made out to look like an idiot. And I didn't really like anyone in the WWF at that point other than Bret so I really wasn't actively watching RAW. 

• Like 3

Sadly (for me),a lot of you guys have watched way more pre-NWO WCW than I have. 

For me, WCW ended when Hogan came in. I watched it, but it needs another name. . . 

I watched the least amount of wrestling I ever have from around Hogan's WCW debut to the beginning of 1996. As someone who grew up on JCP, I just couldn't be bothered with watching Hogan legdropping Brutus Beefcake in main events, Vader being made to look weak and Flair being made out to look like an idiot. And I didn't really like anyone in the WWF at that point other than Bret so I really wasn't actively watching RAW. 

YES. It was a combination of things for me but I was a kid who had no interest in another Hogan run especially in WCW and I thought WWF was lacking as well so I tuned out completely for a couple years. I'd never be able to do that now. It's funny how even as a kid I knew Hogan winning the title in his first match in WCW was complete bullshit.  I was behind Flair all the way.

• Like 2