BLUE PANTHER

VADER

The 2nd one featured

SHINYA HASHIMOTO

HARLEY RACE

SURVIVAL TOBITA

MARTY GARNER (Cham Pain)

BOBBY EATON

These lists are obviously no where near everyone (some folks have already been picked, some folks I am really hesitant to do for a variety of reasons) but we will start of another round with Arn Anderson.

What is funny is in regards to Arn - I fell in love with him more during his singles run and the Dangerous Alliance than I did with the Horseman. Of course I am no where remotely close to a Horseman mark that about 82% of wrestling fans seem to be.

Videos and stuff in the next post.

RIP James Peterson

This is one of my favorite AA squashes.  The DDT finisher is a mercy killing after Arn just tortures this guy with elite level, trademarked, Anderson Brothers arm work.

• Like 1

One of the very, very best all-around wrestlers of his era.  Anderson could work a credible match with almost anyone, and he knew how to throw in just enough comedy to add to his heeling without being clownish.  Of course you can't talk about Anderson's contributions to the sport without mentioning he was one of the very best promo men in the business; in a sport where the yelling and screaming and cartoonish antics were the norm, Arn's serious, matter-of-fact delivery could be alternately ominous and funny as the occasion merited.  

Love me some Double A.  

• Like 1

Bob Cook was in the rarefied air of gateway jobbers like George South and Rick Thames that were always booked in squashes yet somehow managed to get a lot of offense in.

I always loved the dynamic of showing the pecking order of the mid-card by having jobbers that got a little getback in matches vs. guys who were just obliterated.

One day we will have to do a tourney of the best fightin' jobbers (guys like Bob Cook, George South, Len Denton, The Gambler) and the best squashed jobbers (Lee Cook, Mulkey Brothers, Barry Houston).

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat, probably because my first exposure to him was with the Enforcers/Dangerous Alliance. FWIW, my favourite thirty seconds in any War Games ever is in the 92 match when he is let off his leash, enters the cage, immediately DDT's Windham and then executes the most picture perfect spinebuster I've ever witnessed on Ricky Steamboat.

There needs to be a video of Arn selling mystery opponents and Arn selling three and a half count kickouts.

No one's surprise face is better than Arn's.  WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO KILL THIS GUY~!

Holy shit.  AA vs; Eddie Gilbert for the TV title is on the Youtubes!

I still want that Spinebuster to have been what ended Undertaker's streak.

In addition to agreeing with everything Naimark said, Arn Anderson always acted as though it was all completely real.  The audience can't suspend its disbelief unless the performers suspend theirs first, and Arn always did.

The night he pinned Hogan was probably my favorite Nitro ever even though that's the only thing I remember about it. :)  Someone should post that match.

How epic of a stable do you have when murderous Ole Anderson is the worst talker in your unit?  I don't think you had a not so great promo guy in the Horsemen until Family Destroyer and Dean Malenko were admitted.

Arn's gab was phenomenal whether it be at the announcer's table or on his way to the ring.

TERRY FUNK, THE BEATING THAT ROBBIE IDOL IS GOING TO GET IS ALL YOUR FAULT~! HIS BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS~!

I am trying to figure out how you thought Mongo was a good promo

I am using my selective memory to not count Mongo as a Horseman.  There were also no sequels to Highlander or The Matrix.

It is like the lobotomy ending to Brazil.  The reality in my head is far better than actual reality.

• Like 1

I think JT just hoped Pepe was doing the talking for Mongo.

And though we all love Barry Windham and all, he was no great shakes on the mic.  Actually, the more I think about it, JJ was not Horseman caliber on the mic.

Hey, that Marty Lunde guy might be pretty good eventually,

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgl19t_tony-atlas-vs-marty-lunde-arn-anderson_sport 

I think JT just hoped Pepe was doing the talking for Mongo.

And though we all love Barry Windham and all, he was no great shakes on the mic.  Actually, the more I think about it, JJ was not Horseman caliber on the mic.

I think that JJ and Windham did more with less.  They were the Road Warrior Animal "TELL 'EM, BIG MAN~!" transitional guys during the collective promo spots.