DVDVR Message Board

The "NEW" Tough Enough

RIPPA

Jericho kept giving Amanda props for playing a heel, but I don't see how that was the smart thing to do to win what is a popularity contest.  If they really didn't want Sara to win, they probably shouldn't have shown Amanda slut-shaming her, because as soon as that happened, it seemed obvious Sara, who was already popular, was just going to get more sympathy.

Josh, on the other hand, is either a genuinely nice guy, knew he was getting a contract anyways, or learned from Josh and Mada.  Each of them went home after attacking ZZ on the show.  Josh kept his head down, offered to help him worked out, and was obviously busting his ass.  As a result, he blew ZZ out of the water.

Well I also think a lot of the "Vote for the Worst" crowd (who was probably a decent amount of ZZ's support) got bored with the show a couple of weeks ago

That Ax kick is really dependent on the position of the leaning down diva because it is clear that Fox isn't going to make any adjustments.  Sara Lee was in terrible position so that is why it looked like Fox kicked her in the lower back.

by the way if she is actually going to be called Hope now they need to give her a fake city as well.   Seems really redundant to call yourself Hope from Hope.

Jericho kept giving Amanda props for playing a heel, but I don't see how that was the smart thing to do to win what is a popularity contest. If they really didn't want Sara to win, they probably shouldn't have shown Amanda slut-shaming her, because as soon as that happened, it seemed obvious Sara, who was already popular, was just going to get more sympathy.

Amanda always struck me as "playing a heel" like ZZ was "playing a fat-ass".

• Like 1

I'm pleasantly surprised Josh won given how much of a work the show obviously is.  He's got all the tools to do well, so hopefully the stigma of getting a contract via winning the show doesn't hinder him too much in developmental.  I also wonder if they eliminated Mada and Patrick with the promise that they could get re-signed after they trained on their own, given they were the obvious choices from a workrate standpoint but they wanted someone with "character" or whatever in ZZ.  Speaking of which, he can probably get indy bookings based on his noteriety for a bit, but I doubt he'll try to stay in the business after this.

Sara had a completely ill-fitting gimmick and didn't do anything to show that she should still be there.  That she made it this far shows there has to be some sort of fix in the voting because she was completely unremarkable in pretty much every way, yet still made it out each time.  I still don't think Amanda should have been in the finals either, but she actually didn't look half bad out there.

by the way if she is actually going to be called Hope now they need to give her a fake city as well.   Seems really redundant to call yourself Hope from Hope.

I wondered if that was a rib/designed to make her look dumb.  They're obviously aware of that redundancy, since for Charlotte, they say she's "from the Queen City" rather than "from Charlotte."

• 5 weeks later...

Couple of random things

- Chelsea was announced as doing a show for Queens of Combat at the end of Nov. She also is already back to being a brunette so I wonder if the WWE made her go blonde just so it had more fake storylines during the show

- Sara is doing a meet n greet with Bayley tonight. That is one way to make sure she isn't hated

That will work in Sara's favor for sure.  She does seem like a pretty nice woman, but I hope Bayley's teaching her how to nail the "not smiling when needed" part of the match.  The trainers might not be miracle workers, but I think they can make her semi-passable in time.

And glad Chelsea is back as a brunette, she looks a ton better with that than as a blonde.