DVDVR Message Board

The "NEW" Tough Enough

RIPPA

If there was a fair and just God

For some reason I kept wondering about how they picked the NXT folks who worked on the show

Jordan has been there since the beginning

And then Dana Brooke showed up last night - and it was implied this wasn't the first time she had worked with the women.

I can see Sara smiling after taking the backbreaker.  I would be sad, Alicia would be pissed, and the result might make me a tad happy.

And I have full confidence in Cesaro carrying ZZ to some kind of match.  I'm pretty sure he's had to carry his share of schmucks to a watchable match plenty of times in his career.  The match against Josh could be pretty good.

Ya know...I wouldn't mind a bait and switch with Alicia Fox. Have her take a beating on RAW and say her replacement will be WWE Assistant Head Coach Sara Amato. Because I would be down with the former Del Ray stretching some women.

I know, I was trying to use sarcasm and humor for a situation that's really uncomfortable. I feel bad for Sara because her personal life was aired out in public, across the world. They're allowed out of the barracks, supposedly, on the weekends and they all go party all night. Presumably, since they live at the Performance Center, they're already hanging out with NXT workers - is she supposed to seek the company of non-performers or something? If Josh or ZZ was out banging Jessie McKay and Dana Brooke on the side, would this even be an issue? I hate to turn it into that conversation, but yeah.

That is the problem though- Amanda using that uncomfortable situation has to also be seen as the endgame for how this show's been all season. Sara's been one of the weakest competitors on the show, but from week 2 it's been a lock that she was winning the women's contract solely based on neckbeards who saw her as being the "attainable" one who'd probably date them, even though she was one of the worst on the show.

Josh beating ZZ two straight competitions makes it likely he could take the contract next week without resorting to a low blow- but for Amanda to have a chance at the win, the ONLY hope she had was to break Sara's waifu vote up, and knew the only way to do it is to drop that nuclear bomb to make those fans realize that Sara's tarnished and turn on her. It's terrible- but really, the way the season's gone this far, it was the only way it was going to end.

I am 100% convinced that it was actually 70/30 ZZ and when they saw that Sara Lee won they just said fuck it and rigged the voting.  I mean seriously

The real highlights of the show:

1.  ZZ before and after picture looking  EXACTLY the same except for the farmer's tan

2.  ZZ only going 2 minutes and still getting blown up

3.  Amanda with her version of the "This is Phil Brooks talking" promo

4.  Josh apparently believes in the guys who wrestle in their underwear stereotype.  At least pull an HBK and stuff it

Said it before but Cesaro should win every title after dealing with that.   

Ehh, I think he could definitely break the mold of the tough enough winners jinx of previous years. Josh's upside is astronomical, great looking, built, naturally athletic and a legitimate professional sports background, also appears to be a genuine hard worker, all of the components that gives Vince friction in his slacks. Saying that, they absolutely tried to sabotage the vote with the before and after pictures prior to the guys matches, along with the critiquing being way in favor of Josh post-match. Amanda should get a contract, Trips' looked so pissed raising Sara's hand at the end there.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

The best thing about tonight's show was Cesaro's endless patience. It looked like he wanted to stiff the everloving shit out of both of them.

Cesaro is amazing.  I did laugh at him immediately shrugging off the gator bite, which actually made kayfabe sense as ZZ had gotten no offense in until that point, and wasted time doing his taunt.

Winning a quarter million aside, I felt bad for Sara Lee on Tough Talk.  Holy shit, when HHH decides to put a stop to the talent burial, that's saying something.

My first thought when Sara won was "Wow, she's literally getting that fuck money."  And considering last week's claim that's not much of a stretch.

I never saw a winner look like such a fucking chump in recent memory.  Holy hell did Sara get dragged under the bus.  I'm sure it sucks having everybody saying she sucks with her there and that Amanda should have won.  But man she's going to get eaten alive.  Josh will definitely get that resistance but if he's for real he'll be fine.