DVDVR Message Board

The "NEW" Tough Enough

RIPPA

I will say that yesterday's episode was probably the one I enjoyed most since there was such a heavy focus on actual in-ring training and not goofy challenges

• Like 1

The NXT crew had that "we have all been required to be here" look about them.

They have to hate those people right?  The best part about NXT is that they've built a roster full of "professional" wrestlers.  For the most part the NXT roster is full of people who have put in the work to get to where they are, they have to be looking at these tools like the biggest bunch of posers on the planet.  I bet most of them have stories of wrestling in shitty bingo halls and high school gyms.  Not getting paid by some asshole promoter or getting paid so little that they actually lost money getting to and from the show.  Then they look at ZZ, who clearly didn't take any of this seriously, and have to try to pretend to care.  They can't possibly take any of these people seriously.

I hope Gigi ends up in developmental at some point.  She was the only one of the women who had any talent, looks, or personality.  There were several times during the training where she came off as really disingenuous but was still far more likeable than the other women.  I don't see how anyone actually likes Sara, she has no personality and doesn't bring anything to the table ring-wise.  Amanda is beyond generic.

Tanner is probably going to be axed next.  Josh and ZZ's match this week was pretty much telling the tale of how their elimination battle is going to go.  ZZ looked a lot better this week.  A long way from being developmental-ready, but he actually seemed to be trying for once.

• Like 1

Highlight of the show was the Tuffle Shuffle chant by the NXT crew.

I would think Vince was going to pull the aside to do ZZ / Sara / Tanner bottom 3 and put a gun to Bryan ' s head so he saves Tanner. I can't imagine Vince will do this again with both ZZ and Sara as winners.

• Like 1

Amanda is reminding me of an Eva Marie type where they think she's going to blow up based on her looks but Eva Marie is way ahead of her right now. I don't see how Amanda would fit in with the rest of the women they have. 

Gigi had more going for her, I think she'll get a deal. 

Sara is I guess the new AJ Lee but without the wrestling background.  There's no way she makes it in developmental. 

Highlight of the show was the Tuffle Shuffle chant by the NXT crew.

I would think Vince was going to pull the aside to do ZZ / Sara / Tanner bottom 3 and put a gun to Bryan ' s head so he saves Tanner. I can't imagine Vince will do this again with both ZZ and Sara as winners.

Yeah I thought for sure either ZZ or Sara would get sent home last night with that exact scenario, instead they sent home my girl Gigi <3.  This show is a perfect example of why you never let the audience dictate to you what they want to see.  Because the WWE audience is stupid and/or trolling we get left with ZZ & Tanner instead of Mada & Patrick, and Amanda/Sara instead of Gigi/Chelsea.  Josh should still win either way though.  Initially I thought Dianna or Gigi would win for the women, but I like Amanda's look and she seems to have improved and developed a bitch personality so she could do well with that gimmick.  Someone just please put Sara Lee out of her misery though

Well doing saves BEFORE the final vote was stupid (not to mention doing saves at all)

I have to figure that they will tweak the final voting so they can get Josh and Amanda as their winners

I for one think Amanda is someone I'm supposed to find attractive, more than someone I find attractive.  Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think she is in the Eva Marie mold at all.  Eva Marie is someone who was hired purely because she's incredibly good looking, and they had a reality show to showcase her on.  Wrestling was clearly secondary to Total Divas for her, and rightfully so.  Eva Marie is undeniably good looking in a way that Amanda is not.  Amanda is much more, "cute chick at your job", than "woman who has star power based purely on looks." Amanda isn't getting anywhere based purely on looks, especially when they have a roster full of very good looking women who can also wrestle. 

It has been interesting watching the last few weeks with my wife - who hates wrestling and only knows a handful of people.

I think her exact quote (when talking to the TV and Gigi) - "Sorry honey - you might be gorgeous but you have to go!"

She also rightly noted that Amanda plays the bitch very well.

And she is not a fan of Tanner's. 

I think Tanner has potential and is very much a natural in any scenario they've put him in so far, but lacks a certain rawness that ZZ does in terms of his charisma and personality, as the judges pointed out he can do things he's showed how to do very well but I don't see him being a star like the other two guys based off of what I've seen. Who knows in the long run, but the stock is totally in ZZ and Josh right now. I think all three guys will be signed regardless.

Miz' monologue last night and his hosting of Tough Talk have gotten me the closest I've ever been to giving a shit about him.

I didn't say that I do, I'm just saying that I'm close.

Actually, there was a brief moment during the ZZ-Josh exhibition match, that I thought maybe ZZ was put in as a ringer. He almost looked like he knew what he was doing. 

Having said that, I think this is Josh's competition to lose. I couldn't care less about either of the girls. 

I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck was going on in the post show.  The guys were saying some completely asinine stuff, too many to list.  Did like them doing matches in front of the NXT wrestlers.  Favorite part was Gigi not pulling off the face role at all and Jericho had to remind the "crowd".

Miz' monologue last night and his hosting of Tough Talk have gotten me the closest I've ever been to giving a shit about him.

I didn't say that I do, I'm just saying that I'm close.

Oh, I'm a fan now.  Did I say that?  Okay maybe not a fan but between Tough Talk and how RIDICULOUS he's been on MizTV, I am starting to like him.

Melissa Joan HartVerified account

‏@MelissaJoanHart Melissa Joan Hart retweeted
I still like @ToughSara. Ever since the first episode it's been Sara, ZZ and Tanner 

SEE!!! IT'S ALL SABRINA'S FAULT!!!

okay in watching the stuff today - they have confirmed that it definitely the 3 guys in the Bottom 3 tonight

And Bryan appears to have to use his save tonight or he loses it