DVDVR Message Board

The "NEW" Tough Enough

RIPPA

My wife - who knows nothing about wrestling - was irritated at all of them

Of course all the dudes no sold Big Show last week

It really isn't that hard people

I watch both Total Divas and Tough Enough and Paige is not walking around raging all the time at least not on that show.  She's gotten into it with other divas (who hasn't on that show?) but she comes off likable. 

She probably does hate that these people are getting the easy track but then I question her on Total Divas because her best friend is Alicia Fox who was signed as a model.  It's inconsistent.

She probably does hate that these people are getting the easy track but then I question her on Total Divas because her best friend is Alicia Fox who was signed as a model.  It's inconsistent.

Considering that with Layla's retirement today, Alicia Fox is now the longest-tenured Diva in the company, it's a little less inconsistent, though.

Funny how people seemingly have turned on Paige after being the NXT darling and are on to the new flavors of the month, Sasha and Becky.

I'd like to have a different view of her but loudly calling for spots (for awhile now, came across worse in Japan), forgetting what she's supposed to do (fairly consistent with this) and botching moves isn't doing much to change my worthless opinion of her as of late. I definitely haven't written her off. I'd actually be pretty pleased if she cleaned up her work in the ring and I could go back to looking forward to a match she's in.

As far as her possibly viewing the Tough Enough contestants as having it easier, she got started in the business through her parent's company. Is she trying to say without her parents established contacts and relationships with promoters she would still be where she is today in the business? If that's the case, I'll be looking forward to hearing about her long journey from walking from one end of the house to the other to ask her parents to be on the card.

Becoming a reality TV star is the worst thing that could have happened to Paige.  Even in the short clips I watch, she comes across as a harpy.  Either these shows are bringing out the worst aspects of her personality or that actually is her personality.  Either way, she comes across poorly.  The sloppy in-ring work makes things worse.

Not at all. I'm saying that her parents were both plying their trade for awhile so she didn't have to start her career on her own or establish a relationship with any companies/promoters from scratch. She also wasn't paying rent, wasn't paying for her training or anything else that she would have to if she was trying to do it on her own.

In my worthless opinion she's not the person to judge anyone else about coming up the hard way.