DVDVR Message Board

The "NEW" Tough Enough

RIPPA

ZZ is everything they are looking for. They aren't looking for wrestlers. They're looking for entertainers. ZZ will be a new Santino for them. But Miz saving the blonde is a total Kevin Dunn move. MR MACMAN...WE NEED TO SAVE THE HOT BLONDE. THIS WRESTLING STUFF IS A PHASE.

• Like 1

So you going through this stupid obstacle course and have to remember these numbers and your reward was the 3rd Chris Jericho book.  I guarantee you that was a stip for him to work on the show given his massive ego.  And it wasn't even the best Jericho book it was Chris when his ego was at level 15

Cheslea deliberately trying to look like Amanda is just goofy.  

It is good that they teach them how to work with a canned audience because if they ever do wrestle for Smackdown they will already get used to it

I can't be the only one that found it ironic that on the first show without Hulk Hogan fired because of racist comments that THIS happened on Tough Enough Talk (with a little youtube editing apparently)

• Like 1

Paige is repulsive and I don't think she understands that to be a judge she has to be somewhat impartial and understand each contestants pros and flaws, to come out with comments like Amanda ''sucks'' when she blatently doesn't is unfair. Whether it be an unconscious strategy or not, Amanda is playing the best heel character on the show and it suggests she does have some potential upside down the road. I used to dig Paige, but she comes off annoying and dumb here.

• Like 2

I think it's probably a situation where since she's British, someone producing the show probably told her "British people on these shows are snooty. Just be rude to them. Be Simon Cowel and Piers Morgan but dial it down while still being a bitch".

Paige is the worst part of the show, just outdoing Jericho. Just a completely unlikeable personality. Especially glaring while sitting between the nicest guy in wrestling, and someone who does the annoying Heel bit really well.

• Like 1

I didn't know where this show was airing in the UK. So I checked. It's airing on youtube! But they make the episodes private after 7 days. Are they adding them to the network archive at some point or something?

Paige is the worst part of the show, just outdoing Jericho. Just a completely unlikeable personality. Especially glaring while sitting between the nicest guy in wrestling, and someone who does the annoying Heel bit really well.

When did Sami Zayn get on this show?

I realize that unless you're around them on a regular basis, you'll never know what kind of people they are in real life, but man has Paige come across as such an immature and obnoxious human being in the last few months. I can see why they waited to bring her up to the main roster until she hit 21. Replace her with Sasha and let Paige be content with Maffew giving her her own segment on Botchamania for shouting out spots and forgetting her place in matches.

• Like 1

I didn't know where this show was airing in the UK. So I checked. It's airing on youtube! But they make the episodes private after 7 days. Are they adding them to the network archive at some point or something?

They don't go up immediately, but eventually get archived a few days later.

I think some of it with Paige is growing up in a wrestling family she is resentful of folks basically just getting something handed to them (similar to what a lot of other workers say on Twitter during the show.)

• Like 2

I think some of it with Paige is growing up in a wrestling family she is resentful of folks basically just getting something handed to them (similar to what a lot of other workers say on Twitter during the show.)

That's kind of what i think.

I think ZZ's appeal is slowly fading, but he'll stick around for at least another couple of weeks. If last night's vote is any indication, Amanda is done next week, when Paige puts her in the bottom three.

I was put off by the Snuka segment. I know it was just a throw away moment before break, but would it have killed any of the ladies to not lie there, stiff as a board after getting bodyslammed and splashed? It looked way more phony than it should've been.

I'm not saying they should writhe in pain, but at least loosen up when receiving Snuka from the top. Even as a dopey kid wrestling with my friends growing up, we all still anticipated a move like that properly.

That plus she probably gets offended when women get by in the business based on their looks rather than ability, and Miz was pretty much saving Amanda based on her looks alone.  Paige seems to be taking this a bit more seriously than the others and getting a little too personally invested in it.  I think Sara Lee is less deserving of being there than Amanda, but out of the bottom 3 Amanda was clearly the most expendable.

Mada was really improving but did come off as kind of a douche lately.  He and Josh could probably make it based on their size and looks if they actually stuck with training.

"I can see why he's uncomfortable, because they kinda look like brother and sister."

...Jesus fuck Bryan, where the hell did THAT come from?

I need to re-watch that, because that very moment they both realized they both got friendzoned.  It was awkward as fuck and killed any chance of running with this story more.

The fan vote is baffling.  Either it's rigged or people are really that dumb.

I was put off by the Snuka segment. I know it was just a throw away moment before break, but would it have killed any of the ladies to not lie there, stiff as a board after getting bodyslammed and splashed? It looked way more phony than it should've been.

I'm not saying they should writhe in pain, but at least loosen up when receiving Snuka from the top. Even as a dopey kid wrestling with my friends growing up, we all still anticipated a move like that properly.

I spent that whole segment yelling "SELL, DAMMIT!"