DVDVR Message Board

RAW AUGUST 5TH 2013

Fat Spanish Waiter

You guys are fucking enablers.

This entire pay-per-view is now devoted to the triumph of your world view.

No you're enabling the two RAWbots by ignoring my thread that was posted multiple seconds earlier than this!

My world view wouldn't have the Shield standing tall ever.

You guys are fucking enablers.

This entire pay-per-view is now devoted to the triumph of your world view.

No you're enabling the two RAWbots by ignoring my thread that was posted multiple seconds earlier than this!

My world view wouldn't have the Shield standing tall ever.

The crowd is never wrong, Brah.  That' your own rule!

Hard Times is this Cody Rhodes babyface push. 

Jesus, how do that many people collude to be so silent as the crowd was  during the Sandow/Cody thing?  I mean, just their collective breathing and chewing and text-tapping should be louder than that.

It was, not even realistic, like it was an audio glitch or you're playing WWE 2k? and you have the crowd noise and music turned way down so you can hear if your parents pull into the driveway or something...but it was like really happening...[shiver].It was like they were ghosts running around in a parallel dimension and we could see them but the live crowd couldn't. 

• Like 1

Daniel Bryan should go on a facial hair shaving spree as a sign of protest against Vince and shave Cody's mustache and Sandow's beard. That might actually draw a reaction from the crowd for him and Sandow.

When Vince said the words "We need....a barber..."  How many people here jumped to their feet in anticipation:

Posted Image

Because I did...

• Like 7

Really digging the World Title scene right now. Del Rio, Christian, RVD, Damien Sandow are all capable of having awesome matches together while trading the title around. Just keep Ziggler the hell away from them.

• Like 2

Daniel Bryan should go on a facial hair shaving spree as a sign of protest against Vince and shave Cody's mustache and Sandow's beard. That might actually draw a reaction from the crowd for him and Sandow.

When Vince said the words "We need....a barber..."  How many people here jumped to their feet in anticipation:

Posted Image

Because I did...

I did the same, and also thought DBD should go on a facial hair shaving gimmick, kind of like how Jarrett did during his feud with Waltman.

The Wyatts have the best enterance in wrestling now.

• Like 1

Really digging the World Title scene right now. Del Rio, Christian, RVD, Damien Sandow are all capable of having awesome matches together while trading the title around. Just keep Ziggler the hell away from them.

Dolph is currently the #3 contender to the DIVAs title behind Kaitlyn and Layla, as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

Welcome everybody to the Raw Maesters thread.

I thought it was interesting how Cena was obviously thrown off his game a bit by the failure of the crowd to chant "you can't wrestle" like they were supposed.  I think that promo showed how Cena is better than the rest of the roster because I don't think they adjust that well and I think Cena made some adjustments in his promo.

Punk needs to raid the WWE warehouse and see if they find any leftover balsa wood chairs from the WCW stash and hit Brock over the head with one.

Is Ricardo going to disappear (future endeavored?), join someone else, become an active wrestler (the cheaper, Mexican equivalent of A-Ry?), or go crawling back to ADR?

• Like 2

I thought it was interesting how Cena was obviously thrown off his game a bit by the failure of the crowd to chant "you can't wrestle" like they were supposed.  I think that promo showed how Cena is better than the rest of the roster because I don't think they adjust that well and I think Cena made some adjustments in his promo.

Indeed. He did a great job turning that boring chant around into people cheering wanting to see the match. He didn't really need to stop and acknowledge it since so few people were chanting it but he definitely had the last laugh.

• Like 1

I'm only mid way through raw right now, but did Heath Slater just wrestle a match in those bedazzled jeans you get in the husky girls section at walmart? The show can clearly only go down hill from here.

Also, Justin Roberts trying to say 'Minnesota' in a Midwestern accent during Curtis Axel's entrance is basically the worst.

I really didn't see everything but the opening segment did very well in putting over Bryan, except for Vince's bullshit.  It was nice hearing the pindrops as Wade came out though.  It was a good WWE angle that put over DB and that hair looked pretty good too.

Let me ask you guys, really, what are the chances DB walks out with the belt at Summerslam?  I'd love to see it happen but I'm not holding my breath too much even though I think I'll get the show based on this match alone.

Posted Image

Because I did...

Hell, Ed Leslie probably did too.

• Like 2

Let me ask you guys, really, what are the chances DB walks out with the belt at Summerslam?  I'd love to see it happen but I'm not holding my breath too much even though I think I'll get the show based on this match alone.

Before this show I would have said low because it was obvious Orton would cash in even if Daniel beat Cena. Now that they have actually teased it I'm not so sure.

Really liked Cena's promo and liked Kane's as well...got me interested in Kane/Wyatt for Summerslam. Thought the Punk/Brock segment was great and their best together so far, crowd was really into it which was good to see. Brock actually talking in the promo ruled too. Cesaro/Swagger vs the Usos was a real fun 5 minute tag, Cesaro getting caught with the superkick was sick. Kinda surprising to see the Usos lose but maybe they'll build to a triple threat tag title match at Summerslam which would be good stuff.

Thought the same exact thing during the show tonight. Great to see the world title doing a bit better. Not sure if they'll add RVD to the title match but interested to see what he ends up doing at SummerSlam.

• Like 1

Clearly this show was all about the Summerslam build and they actually did a good job building up Cena/Bryan, Rhodes/Sandow, Wyatt/Kane and Punk/Lesnar.

Clearly almost no thought was put into any of the finishes of the actual matches on tonight's show because they were all over the fuckin board and pretty much no match actually accomplished anything.

Pretty cool that Giant Bernard slipped out for about 30 seconds to fight Brodie Lee.

• Like 2