DVDVR Message Board

UFC on Fox 14: Gustafsson vs. Johnson (1/24/2015) - Tele2 Arena (Stockholm, Sweden)

Elsalvajeloco

Yeah if you are going to have fights at 2:00 in the morning their time it might not be a good idea to put Phil Davis and/or Ryan Bader on the show.   God bless all those people showing up that up really late at night (early morning) for this show. 

Now that was a bullshit stoppage.  You can see Hendo going after his leg and the fighter's leg not the officials leg unlike the first time

Stoppage aside, I think it is time to say what needs to be said: They have to stop putting Henderson in these slots.

They don't have to do shit.

Anyways, Jon Jones throwing all the shade:

Jon Bones Jones @JonnyBones 2m

Wonderful? I think it's time for a new nickname

• Like 1

Well we all know what Jon Jones next opponent should be.  But given Dana booking lately, god only know when it will happen  I am sure there is some dream fight that has to happen and then the eventual rematch.  

Typical that we get all of this mess with early stoppages and then Alexander is getting absolutely destroyed and the ref takes his sweet ass time because they are in Sweden.

Can't believe they made Alexander wait nearly a year since his last fight for his title shot only to have him brutalized out of it.  Great job, UFC!

Cool story, bro.

Okay, how about this.

I think Anthony Johnson hits harder then anyone in the division. Possibly harder then anyone in MMA. If anyone can KO Jones, Johnson is probably the best bet.

I mean they tried to make Glover look like that guy in the 172 lead up, when really he was more of a war-of-attrition and then clip you type brawler. "Rumble" has the offense, but it's all about landing legitimate offense. You can get to Jon, but can you actually put him away?

Also, if the timeline works out, JBJ vs. Rumble is your 7/11 main event.

• Like 2

Can't believe they made Alexander wait nearly a year since his last fight for his title shot only to have him brutalized out of it.  Great job, UFC!

I swear epwar.  Sometimes I wonder if the most polluted city in the world was drained of all its smog, you would find a way to figure out to complain that the sky was too clean.

It's not UFC's fault that Gustafsson got injured.  He got injured and they had to move on.  You can't keep a title shot for a year and a half.  Johnson was a rising contender in the division and earned the fight.  It was the match-up to make.

It's not like Gustafsson didn't luck into his first title shot either.  He was supposed to fight Mousasi in Sweden.  Instead, he got out of that fight and got put straight into a title fight.  

• Like 1

I swear epwar.  Sometimes I wonder if the most polluted city in the world was drained of all its sky, you would find a way to figure out to complain that the sky was too clean.

You made me cry.

For starters, he wasn't screaming at Big Brown a spoke to him calmly. Secondly, Schaub is his friend and he's concerned about the guy. Third, there's a difference between what questioning a premature stop and questioning a friend taking repeated trauma to the brain over the course of his whole career when that friend could be successful doing something else.