DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.49

Dolfan in NYC

The biggest problem with the Nationwide ad is that IT DOESN'T KNOW HOW INSURANCE WORKS.

If I had Nationwide and got into an accident, my kid still dies. Nationwide would just give me a ton of money for the funeral and other expenses. No car insurance can possibly save your kid's life. 

If you could mute the whole thing and just enjoy the sets and costumes, sure.  But that music is just so empty.  It would have to have some effect on you in person at full volume.

Maybe if you could be in a sound-proof safety orb like when you go to a dinosaur park.

OK, been reflecting on the game and I think this is the best Super Bowl ever. 

!st Quarter...

Defense is established and Tom Brady throws an interception in the red zone. 0-0. 

2nd Quarter...

Pats score. Seahawks answer. Brady scores and it looks like the Pats are going to go to the lockers up a touchdown. Oh wait... Wilson only needs 29 fucking seconds to go 80 yards to tie the game at halftime. 

3rd quarter...

Seahawks look flawless. Brady throws an interception. Hawks go up by ten. In my mind, I think the Hawks are running away with this and are going to make Brady look old the way they made Manning look old last year. New Dynasty.

4th quarter. Brady says fuck that. The Pats defense reminds us they are pretty fucking good. Brady scores two touchdown to perform another 4th quarter comeback. Holy shit, this is a great Super Bowl so far. But fuck, they gave Seattle 2 minutes. Wilson only needs 29 seconds. 

Then shit goes nuts....

Fucking catch by Lynch.

Miracle Then the thoughts that went through my head in about 4 seconds...

fuckingWTFdidIjustseenothatdidn'thappenBradysicurseddeflategateGodislaughingandDezisstillyellingitisacatchFucktheCowboysFucktheHawksfuckthatGiantwhocaughttheballonhisheadgreatestcatchinSuperBowlhistory 

No Fucking Way... Interception??? NO FUCKING WAY HOLY FUCK LOL THROW AT THE 2 YARD LINE...

But they can't kneel in the endzone. Oh fuck. 

Oh shit... the best defense ever just encroached. That's game....

A Fucking fight???? Oh shit... ejection. 

Pats win!

Ok... the ups and downs and total mindfuck of that game make it the best Super Bowl ever. At the very least, I will concede it is the greatest ending in Super Bowl History. 

• Like 1

The thing with Katy's performance--it wasn't bad.  It was just there.  Bringing out Lenny Kravitz for 60 seconds was a waste.  And Missy was brought in to pad what was clearly already going to be an ultra-short show.  So while I enjoyed the candy-color explosion of sharks and beach balls, it wasn't great at all.

Now Prince singing Purple Rain in the rain?  THAT was great.

• Like 1

That might have been the best possible non-Packers Super Bowl. Right team won. Ex-Blue Bomber Chris Williams had a monster game. Giant robot lion and Missy Elliott. A closing fight. Just fantastic.

So THAT'S why Tabe liked it so much. The first ever Lion in the Superbowl!

• Like 4

That might have been the best possible non-Packers Super Bowl. Right team won. Ex-Blue Bomber Chris Williams had a monster game. Giant robot lion and Missy Elliott. A closing fight. Just fantastic.

So THAT'S why Tabe liked it so much. The first ever Lion in the Superbowl!

Shut up, you doodyhead.

Katy was great?

Go to bed, Tabe.

I separate the quality of the performance from the quality of the songs. I like a couple of her songs but she's nowhere near a favorite. She went out and put on an amazing spectacle.

I thought Katy Perry was great. Such an incredibly spectacular...spectacle. Missy Elliot was terrible, just a lip syncing mess. But Katy was great.

Amazingly, I kind of agree. I'm no big Katy Perry fan (she has one song that I kind of enjoy in a guilty way -- which she didn't even play, I might add -- but otherwise she's not very good; the hooks to her songs are mostly irritating, and her voice is surprisingly weak for someone whose bread and butter is singing). But the whole thing was bizarre, wacky, and spectacular enough that I enjoyed it in a sort of bemused way.

I also agree, Missy Elliot was not very good. They should have had Lenny Kravitz do more instead. I mean, why not? I'm not huge fan of him either, but he is talented, and why bother shipping him out there for one minute of performance? It was more like a bizarre cameo appearance (although that sort of added to the weirdness of the whole thing, in a way).