DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.49

Dolfan in NYC

Did anybody follow Carroll's explanation for that idiotic playcall? He just said a bunch of words but I don't think any of them made sense.

something about Riding the rocket ship to Parts Unknown, I think.

• Like 1

Pete Carroll's explanation makes no fucking sense.

It kinda does. When you go 3 wide and the defense stays in GL, of course you're going to take the passing opportunity. That's a huge advantage for the offense.

Doesn't really answer why you get in shotgun in the first place, but I would guess they were looking to go with some form of option play at first.

And, again, BEAST MODE

• Like 1

It kinda does. When you go 3 wide and the defense stays in GL, of course you're going to take the passing opportunity. That's a huge advantage for the offense.

Doesn't really answer why you get in shotgun in the first place, but I would guess they were looking to go with some form of option play at first and audibled when they got the look.

What you say makes sense.  In theory.  But once again.  MARSHAWN LYNCH.

venty story time that will be in spoilers for people who don't care

I started watching football in 2011 to get closer to my family. We usually watch the super bowl together as a tradition, and I didn't really enjoy the sport until that Giants/Patriots game. Watching the Patriots get daggered was fucking delightful. Later that night I realized that since I was gonna have to stay in San Diego to finish school, so I'd need to bond with my hard-to-get-along-with, sports-obsessed brother somehow, so we didn't just fight all the fucking time. So I decided I was gonna start watching football.

I hate the shit out of my home town, so the teams I took to were Seattle (because I love Seattle) and Houston (because they were the newest team), then eventually just Seattle. I've been quiet about being a Seahawks fan on here cuz I know it'd make me seem bandwagony, when it's really just coincidence that I started following them right before they got great. 

So Seattle impaling themselves in front of the Patriots in the last few seconds feels like some kind of cosmic retribution for something I don't even remember doing. I can't even get mad, I just feel like, "yeah, of course. why would anything else happen."

All that being said, there's a thing happening on the part of twitter I occupy where they're saying they called a pass because they didn't want Lynch to have the winning touchdown, and that is about the most asinine shit I've ever heard. Please don't let that gain traction.

Doesn't really answer why you get in shotgun in the first place, but I would guess they were looking to go with some form of option play at first.

And, again, BEAST MODE

Yeah, I mean, Seattle does a lot of damage in the red zone with the read option, so it's not like it would be completely out of character for them...but when you're 3 damn feet away...come on, man.

I realize that it's in vogue to hate Tom Brady but you can't even argue that he's not in the conversation for best quarterback of all time.

I ain't denying he's one of the best. But fuck him.

He's busy fucking a super model.

He felt going three wide when the Pats left the goal line group in would open up a pass. Fairly logical but allow me to retort

BEAST MODE

Okay, well what about an Option play to fake them out.

Nevermind, I am way behind tonight.

Again, you have MARSHAWN LYNCH. AT THE ONE.

Anything but running up the middle is a terrible playcall.