DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.49

Dolfan in NYC

I'm slightly leaning towards Seattle, but I'm disgusted with this whole thing.

I'll root for awesome commercials and better ways to spend halftime than Katy Perry.

I guess I'll go with Seahawks winning by a TD.  Do it for Star Lord.

Pats win by 35.  Post-game, the team and coaching staff take to the field and do a Rockettes-style chorus line with kicks.  Boston newspapers run "U MAD?" headlines on Monday morning.

That would be amazing. I'm on record as saying I'll officially denounce the Carolina Panthers and become a life-long Patriots diehard, in the same way most of the Seahawks fans are "life-long Seahawks fans" if that happens.

I have a feeling if Seattle plays even a little like they did against Green Bay, that Evil Bill will come out. The Pats could score 45 or more points and just keep trying to run up the score like the year of spygate where they tried to destroy every team they faced by 30 or more points. One thing to learn is don't piss in Bill's wheaties.  

For me the decision is as simple -- and as agonizing -- as "Do I want to hear Belichek and Brady's gloating post game heel promo, or Carrol and Sherman's?"

Oh that I had a press pass for Media Day, so as to ask all four gentlemen to read a transcript of the "Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass" speech so I could then in turn make an informed decision.

For me the decision is as simple -- and as agonizing -- as "Do I want to hear Belichek and Brady's gloating post game heel promo, or Carrol and Sherman's?"

Oh that I had a press pass for Media Day, so as to ask all four gentlemen to read a transcript of the "Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass" speech so I could then in turn make an informed decision.

Not going to happen in a million years, but...

Four quarters of a 0-0 game ending in a safety, where the QB draws back and trips over his own feet in the end zone.  The SB Champs didn't win, the runner up just lost. Nothing to gloat about there. 

The best part about Super Bowl week is the marathon of NFL Films Super Bowl Film Session episodes, specifically and obviously the John Facenda narrated ones, but moreso the 80s set. Much like baseball in that decade, it was awesome from a visual standpoint. I can't explain it, but it's valid.

The best part about Super Bowl week is the marathon of NFL Films Super Bowl Film Session episodes, specifically and obviously the John Facenda narrated ones, but moreso the 80s set. Much like baseball in that decade, it was awesome from a visual standpoint. I can't explain it, but it's valid.

I agree; there something about SD and the limited camera angles that mixes nostalgia very well. Not that we need to go back to it, but there is such a thing as TOO slick a presentation. . . .

I don't know if you have NFL Now channel/app but they have a section called "Road to the Super Bowl" which is basically a collection of "NFL <insert year> shows".   Also has that legendary 1974 Championship Chase show which features the famous Raiders poem.   They were 30 minutes but they started getting an hour around 1984 I think.   Awesome stuff.  The 1969 version is the weirdest because it feels like either John Facenda or the writers dropped acid doing it.