DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 1/15/14

victor

Kane is always around the top of the card because he is the safest worker in the company.  There is always a top act who REALLY needs time off, but dammit that just isn't best for business.  Stick him with Kane instead!

• Like 1

This will happen every show until the Rumble.  If D Bryan wins the Rumble they will threaten his Mania match every show until Mania.  It would be great if they handled this story line the same way they handled HHH return from the quad tears. Guy comes back, crushed everyone and everythinng, wins title.  Oh yeah.  I forgot he came back with 30lbs more muscle.   

The funny thing is, HHH actually did lose his #1 contender spot after he won the Rumble in 02 (for one day).

• Like 1

This will happen every show until the Rumble.  If D Bryan wins the Rumble they will threaten his Mania match every show until Mania.  It would be great if they handled this story line the same way they handled HHH return from the quad tears. Guy comes back, crushed everyone and everythinng, wins title.  Oh yeah.  I forgot he came back with 30lbs more muscle.   

The funny thing is, HHH actually did lose his #1 contender spot after he won the Rumble in 02 (for one day).

Wow, losing the #1 contendership for a day. That HHH sure knows how to build suspense, doesn't he?

Kane is always around the top of the card because he is the safest worker in the company. There is always a top act who REALLY needs time off, but dammit that just isn't best for business. Stick him with Kane instead!

When is the last time someone got hurt working with? There's Orton but it was his fault for almost breaking his leg on that table..

Kane is always around the top of the card because he is the safest worker in the company. There is always a top act who REALLY needs time off, but dammit that just isn't best for business. Stick him with Kane instead!

When is the last time someone got hurt working with? There's Orton but it was his fault for almost breaking his leg on that table..

Watching Kane plodding through matches is painful on my eyes. Does that count?

• Like 1

Watching Kane plodding through matches is painful on my eyes. Does that count?
As much as HHH plodding through promos is painful on my ears does.
  • Like 1

Apparently he's the reason for HBK's wonky eye. He hit him so hard it detached his retina or something like that .

Kane broke Vader's face. Vader had a steel plate in his skull to hold his eye in (from that Hansen match), and Kane Chokeslammed Vader so hard, he knocked the plate loose. A long time ago, mind.

Has anyone ever got better on the mic as quickly as Rollins has? Guy is on another level right now.

Kane / Bryan was maybe their best match together, Kane's best match in a long time. Bryan has a death wish with some of those landings on his neck. 

Pretty good show overall. They built up the Rumble triple threat title match marvelously. Loved Nattie using the left arm for moves since Nikki worked on the right arm, so they hyped up that future title match well and did a nice job with the tag title situation too giving Miz another win. The stuff with Heyman and Seth was amazing - Seth was on a roll and Heyman did a great job planting the seeds for either joining Seth to survive if he beats Brock, or getting Seth on his side by convincing Brock to let Seth win. Barrett vs. Sin Cara was short, but like a Lucha Underground match, allowed each guy to shine. With the title being an albatross and Sin Cara's gear matching it perfectly, I'd have had Sin Cara win it, but it really doesn't matter. Main event was great as a whole even if it fell short of the Bryan vs. Shield classics. Loved the giant ankle lock to Dean, and Bryan getting a big win.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/wwe-smackdown-1-15-15.html

Screens -

776233382004897.jpg

d7c6a0382007561.jpg

OH GOD

b0652d382007569.jpg

b22c3c382009029.jpg

507326382009058.jpg

735923382010101.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/8o3c28hf2tce9k9ulg88vweq2in3dn6l

One day, they'll have him come out with a t-square and blueprints to really drive that point home. Just like how Aaron Neville will wear a mouse costume.

I don't know much, but I know Aaron's not going to want to wear that costume.

• Like 4

Good to see that my boy D-Bry hasn't lost a step. Still doing crazy dropkicks in the corner and dives to the outside (I was sure that was the reason he needed surgery). Also digging the even longer hair.

Main-event was OK. I am warming up to Reigns. He's got the look and he isn't completely shit in the ring. The WWE should hold out on his main-event push for a little while though.

Good to see that my boy D-Bry hasn't lost a step. Still doing crazy dropkicks in the corner and dives to the outside (I was sure that was the reason he needed surgery). Also digging the even longer hair.

Dive to the outside caused the initial problem then after in the same match he did that top rope diving dropkick that made things much worse. You might question why he would do the dropkick spot after hurting himself earlier and so would Steve Austin.

Yeah, I'll admit that I was squirming a bit uncomfortably watching him fly all over the place.  If it were up to me, he'd just be Daniel Bryan: Submission Master.  It would kill the crowd, sure, but fuck those people. 

Or hey, it's Smackdown, just CGI his big spots in there.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'll admit that I was squirming a bit uncomfortably watching him fly all over the place.  If it were up to me, he'd just be Daniel Bryan: Submission Master.  It would kill the crowd, sure, but fuck those people. 

Or hey, it's Smackdown, just CGI his big spots in there.

Bring in Adrian Neville to motion cap D-Bryan's high flying moves.  Also, bring in Andy Serkis to cut Roman's promos.  

• Like 4